Author Topic: What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at £15500  (Read 6453 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at £15500
« on: November 24, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at about £15500, I hope they are right as that would be a good starting price for a hybrid Jazz.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-honda-jazz-small-car-revealed-price-specs-and-release-date/n20376

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: What car predicts Mk4 Jazz prices will start at £15500
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
I doubt UK will match the base price in Japan today Fit 1.3 petrol 1.455m yen approx £10.5k
Hybrid 2.118m yen about  £15.3.
UK near £18-19k with all the electrical addons

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 09:34:08 AM »
I'm disappointed by the change to a digital instrument panel - personally I prefer a round speedo for instant information.  For the same reason, I wear an analogue watch.  However, digital is probably cheaper, and they need to reduce costs wherever possible to keep the price competitive.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 10:29:24 AM »
I like the look of this although I doubt if it will be available for less than £18,000 or so. Hybrid technology adds additional expense and hybrid versions of the Yaris are more expensive than bog standard petrol ones.

I can see me getting one when they start to appear on the used market. That's probably a couple of years away.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 10:58:28 AM »
I'm disappointed by the change to a digital instrument panel - personally I prefer a round speedo for instant information.
I was of the same frame of mind, but I fitted a digital GPS speedometer and I love it. Never glance near the analogue one now. Analogue watch is a different kettle of fish. You only look at that occasionally so the quicker you get an idea of the time the better.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 11:35:23 AM »
I'm disappointed by the change to a digital instrument panel - personally I prefer a round speedo for instant information.  For the same reason, I wear an analogue watch.  However, digital is probably cheaper, and they need to reduce costs wherever possible to keep the price competitive.

I would not swap the digital speedo on the Civic for anything,  it is super-easy to read at a glance - unlike an analogue one that needs more than a quick glance and some interpretation of needle position.  I also have a digital speedo on my motorbike which is easy to read,  and the rev counter is a horizontal bar type, also easy to read at a glance.    I do object putting controls that you need to access while car is moving ( heating and aircon - radio etc. ) on a centralised digital display though, this is dangerous as you have spend too much time fiddling as you drive.   I also miss the rotary knobs to directly adjust the temperature of air that is coming out of the vents rather than having the car doing its own thing and blowing hot or cold air out at its whim.  After a few miles we get air below ambient out of vents as the system controls the cabin temperature rather than the temp of air you want to be blowing on you.. hopeless - but automation rarely supplies what us mere humans want, just what some nerdy programmer thinks we ought to have.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
I'm with you on the digital speedo Culzean. I miss that from my Civic. I'm also with you on rotary knobs both on heating controls and on a radio - unfortunately I think we've lost that battle >:(

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »
I'm with you on the digital speedo Culzean. I miss that from my Civic. I'm also with you on rotary knobs both on heating controls and on a radio - unfortunately I think we've lost that battle >:(
No doubt I would soon get used to it.  In fact, 15 years ago we had a Yaris with a digital speedo, with a recessed mirror system so that you didn't have to refocus.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
I like the look of this although I doubt if it will be available for less than £18,000 or so. Hybrid technology adds additional expense and hybrid versions of the Yaris are more expensive than bog standard petrol ones.
I believe that Honda's i-MMD system dispenses with a conventional gearbox so that should help offset the other additional costs of the hybrid system. The battery capacity will also affect the cost but it needs to be big enough to ensure efficient operation of the hybrid system under all conditions.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »
Thanks for the info John. I've since checked out a few sites about the new system and it looks like a step change from Toyota's system which has typically been married to a CVT gearbox.

Re-assuringly Honda are giving a 5 year drivetrain warranty on this new system.

This might explain something I noticed on Youtube (but didn't watch) along the lines that the CVT gearbox's days were numbered - as, indeed, will all gearboxes once we get to full EVs.

I'm definitely going to have a test drive when the new Jazz is released.

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »
I used to own a Toyota Auris Hybrid, although the gearbox is called an eCVT it isn’t mechanically a CVT at all. It’s mechanically more like a differential, however it’s very like a CVT in feel.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 10:20:05 PM »
I'm definitely going to have a test drive when the new Jazz is released.
I want to take a close look at the Crosstar version as it's claimed to be slightly higher (but doesn't look to be on the Honda UK website https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/coming-soon/jazz-hybrid/overview.html) as a possible successor to my HR-V. However, I would want to try for several hours during sunny weather as I found that I had a problem with reflection of dashboard on windscreen (something to do with eyeball position, I suspect). The HR-V has a steeper windoscreen angle and doesn't cause me the same problem.

However, provided my HR-V continues to behave itself I plan to wait and see if a successor appears. On paper the Jazz Crosstar will encroach on its territory and Honda UK may decide that it's not worthwhile offering both.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »
It is supposed to have greater ground clearance but the Honda advert doesn't give that impression.
Have a look at their "slidy" photograph in the advert.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/coming-soon/jazz-hybrid/overview.html

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
The Crosstar is given a radiator grill, while the other versions have the smoother bonnet front, which previous posts suggested was to please the female buyers in Japan, as it looks less "macho"!  Is this a subtle form of sex-discrimination?

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »
I agreed with you till some years ago, now my perfect instrument panel would have an analog RPM meter but a digital tachometer. Some recent cars, as peuegots, have both digital and analog tacho.
An analogue speedo is easier to see when speed or RPM change quickly, so you can follow how they change. But if speed changes slowly, a digital tacho is more precise and quick to read: you can immediately know if your speed is 72 or 73 or 74 mph, while an analog speedo needs to pay attention about the exact position of the needle.
The Crosstar is given a radiator grill, while the other versions have the smoother bonnet front, which previous posts suggested was to please the female buyers in Japan, as it looks less "macho"!  Is this a subtle form of sex-discrimination?
Women like round shapes and tall seats, many psychologist wrote about it. The k11 Nissan Micra (1992) and the Yaris Mk1 were admittedly designed for women; ask a generic woman if she prefer the Mk1 Jazz or the present GK3...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:14:00 AM by jazzaro »

Tags: