Author Topic: Honda Assist  (Read 2730 times)

mrushton

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE
Honda Assist
« on: January 07, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »
My new Jazz comes with a Honda Assistance package - basically car gets taken to a dealer if there is an accident/breakdown. ANybody used this service and is it better or worse than the usual  breakdown associations?

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Honda Assist
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:28 PM »
It will almost certainly be provided by either the AA, RAC, National Breakdown or similar. The Toyota one I have is by the AA. Think of it as a cheaper way of being in one of these organisations.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
Used it once on my ex.
AA turned up, very prompt.
Makes me think that normal members come after the likes of Honda assist

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »
Brother had the Toyota cover one with his RAV, he was off mainland UK and had a battery failure. He was so disappointed with the service he received from the AA, he complained to Toyota and received a refund for the cover and the battery as a goodwill gesture - I seem to remember someone else on here had a the similar offer when they were disappointed with the service.

The AA call centre was hopeless and couldn't authorise anything to be done, it chewed up several days of his holiday to sort it all out. He was just being sent round in circles having to ring different people himself, who eventually sent him back to the AA. You would probably get a better service where there are AA vans, put that's not really the point.

The Honda one is also provided by the AA, other half has the complimentary version of the cover on hers until next summer. The cover is pretty basic. The actual wording is a bit convoluted, but if you can't be repaired at the roadside, it basically ties to you to paying for repairs at the nearest Honda dealer, they won't recover you any further.

Even though the price has shot up recently, I would still recommend AutoAid which gives you comprehensive cover within the UK and islands for £60 for you and your spouse.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »
and dont forget after your 3 years of assist is up, just ask for it at your 3rd service and beyond and you get it for free with a main dealer service and it is still the full home start AA as it was in the first 3 years

but if you dont ask you dont get

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:50:15 PM »
I used it twice on my Mk2 and had excellent AA service both times, without having to visit a dealer.  As monkeydave suggests, I have maintained the free cover as a result of having dealer servicing and asking for continuing cover.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »
It's not exactly 'free' if you are having to pay for dealer servicing, but if you are going to do that anyway, it's a no-brainer.

Do the dealers still do the complimentary cover with servicing?

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11466.0

...and specifically, this post from that thread...

Ours had what Honda called 5/5/5 - which is warranty, service and, I assume assistance.  Not sure if assistance was linked to service or warranty or if it was a standalone thing.  However dealer is telling me now that the only way to get the assistance renewed is to buy another service package.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:11:21 PM by sparky Paul »

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 07:11:24 PM »
I had my 4 year old Civic serviced last Friday. I have a 5 year service plan which I bought with the car. The dealer renewed my Honda Cover on request for another year at no cost. I think the cover is all the normal stuff- Home Start etc, but doesn't include European Cover.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 08:19:39 PM »
I had my 4 year old Civic serviced last Friday. I have a 5 year service plan which I bought with the car. The dealer renewed my Honda Cover on request for another year at no cost. I think the cover is all the normal stuff- Home Start etc, but doesn't include European Cover.

depends on dealer, if you got a good dealer you get it

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »

depends on dealer, if you got a good dealer you get it

From what I can see, the complimentary scheme offered with 'Honda Approved' used cars and servicing packages does not offer European cover.

The 'Hondacare Assistance' on cars under manufacturer's warranty adds European cover, and 'Recovery Plus', which adds overnight accommodation, a replacement vehicle or public transport costs, at their discretion, if the vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 10:08:24 PM »
It's not exactly 'free' if you are having to pay for dealer servicing, but if you are going to do that anyway, it's a no-brainer.

Do the dealers still do the complimentary cover with servicing?

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11466.0

...and specifically, this post from that thread...

Ours had what Honda called 5/5/5 - which is warranty, service and, I assume assistance.  Not sure if assistance was linked to service or warranty or if it was a standalone thing.  However dealer is telling me now that the only way to get the assistance renewed is to buy another service package.

I complained to the dealer and got nowhere, so complained to Honda UK.  They kept sending emails saying they were very busy (really?) and would get back to me but they never did.  We bought separate cover and the car will not be going back to the dealer, who have been the worst I've ever dealt with in terms of lots of little customer service failures.

mrushton

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »
thanks for that. RAC is £150 now I think. Strange that my previous Jazz which I had 17 years and the dealer neglected to mention the cover (or maybe I misheard)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 03:30:37 PM »
thanks for that. RAC is £150 now I think.
I get my RAC membership for £80, guaranteed for three years. That includes Recovery and Home Start. When my renewal came in I phoned them up to tell them I was changing to Green Flag. They matched their price with the guarantee thrown in. I was quite happy as I have been an RAC member since 1978.

Hebden

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ SE CVT NAVI (mark III)
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »
To cut a long story short. On our way back from Italy  - we didn’t get very far - we lost the engine coolant. Contacted Assistance on the international number which is in France. Waited about 90 minutes; taken by transporter to the nearest Honda garage. Car looked at the next morning and work agreed and parts ordered.

The Aa were not seamlessly helpful. Didn't book us a hotel or car hire, couldn’t locate the garage etc.

However the garage were wonderful. A young English speaking salesman put us onto their WiFi network so we could book a hotel. Drove us there, collected us the next day and drove us to the car hire place in Sanremo.  We then went home for a few days. However the Aa rung us a few times insisting the repair would be completed later than we had been told. This created a lot of stress and we even booked flights back to the uk as there was a special party and appointments that could not be missed.

As it happens the part arrived a day early and the garage finished the work a day and a half earlier and all was well. Albeit no thanks to the AA. But the local garage pulled out all the stops to help.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:31 AM »
I get my RAC membership for £80, guaranteed for three years. That includes Recovery and Home Start. When my renewal came in I phoned them up to tell them I was changing to Green Flag. They matched their price with the guarantee thrown in.

I don't like companies that jack prices up for existing customers if they don't complain.

I'm happy with AutoAid, although the price has gone up, £60 is still reasonable for personal cover for you & a spouse/partner.

Tags:

anything