Author Topic: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT  (Read 964 times)

DXS695

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT
« on: August 01, 2019, 10:19:07 PM »
Does anybody know if the cigarette lighter (used as a phone charger) on a HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT (2007) turns off automatically when I turn off the engine and remove the keys from the ignition? I've been getting mixed answers so far so would appreciate an answer from somebody in the know.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 06:46:22 AM »
Does anybody know if the cigarette lighter (used as a phone charger) on a HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT (2007) turns off automatically when I turn off the engine and remove the keys from the ignition? I've been getting mixed answers so far so would appreciate an answer from somebody in the know.

When the key is removed there is no power to cigarette lighter socket on and Honda I have ever had,  certainly no power in my wifes MK2 Jazz or my Civic.   Why don't / didn't you do an experiment and leave your phone or something plugged in and turn ignition off.  The phone would no longer show it was being charged, there is often an LED in a phone charging / USB adapter.  Do you have an electric tyre pump in the boot, try using it with ignition key out.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:48:43 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:13:59 AM »
Check that the interior light is not staying on (difficult to notice sometimes, on a summers day). I had an Asda bag interfere with the boot light switch and the boot light was on.
Cigarette lighter/auxiliary power socket is not live when the ignition switch is in position 0.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:55:38 AM by Jocko »

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »
On my 2008 Sport manual the socket is only live if the key is in position I or II
I would have though all Mk1s are the same.
Should be easy to check.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags: