Author Topic: Space saving wheel  (Read 425 times)

TIMCRIPPS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 JAZZ SE SPORT CVT
Space saving wheel
« on: May 13, 2024, 11:11:58 PM »
I have a MK 3 Jazz (2020) and only have the Honda Contimobilitykit for repairing and inflating small punctures.
I would like an actual spare wheel but I think the boot space only allows room for a space saver wheel.
Has anybody with a mk3 Jazz had the same issue and can advise on best course of action. Do I also need a spacer for example?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Space saving wheel
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:17:56 AM »
Honda changed the design of the boot area of the Mk3 during the production run: early cars have room for a full size spare, later ones don’t. Search the forum for posts about this. That said, if you only have room for a space-saver, then that’s your only option unless you want to carry a full-size wheel in the luggage space. Space-savers are quite limited in usage, eg should only be used at low speed (<50 mph) and for a short distance, so really only suitable to get you to a tyre centre. And you have to ask yourself if you’re really comfortable changing a wheel at the roadside which can be a bit of a hairy place. If you want one then I’m sure a Honda dealer will sell you one, or there are lots of 3rd party sellers online.

Tags:

anything