Author Topic: Photos of led bulb control unit secured under the bonnet  (Read 3203 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Photos of led bulb control unit secured under the bonnet
« on: August 20, 2019, 05:25:03 PM »
Hello all,
Have just put the classiccarled bulbs in my mk 2 Jazz and was after some advice about securing the control unit somewhere under the bonnet near the light bulb housing (drivers side headlight).

Does anyone who has fitted these have photos showing the position the control unit has been fixed to?

I have managed to do the passenger side one but finding it difficult to see how I can do the drivers side one.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Photos of led bulb control unit secured under the bonnet
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 06:04:39 PM »
Just tie the constant current driver module to any nearby part of cable loom or pipe ( they supply some thin cable ties with bulb ),  it weighs hardly anything and does not even get warm so it will not  burn anything.  The idea is just to stop it moving around and to take the strain off the plug.

this is main thread,  may be something in there....

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.30
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
Just tie the constant current driver module to any nearby part of cable loom or pipe ( they supply some thin cable ties with bulb ),  it weighs hardly anything and does not even get warm so it will not  burn anything.  The idea is just to stop it moving around and to take the strain off the plug.

this is main thread,  may be something in there....

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.30

Thanks and will do.

Going out for a short drive when it gets dark to see how they fare - having already fitted some to our other car - Suzuki SX4 14 plate, I was very impressed.

Steve

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
Went out last night and found that the LED lights work very well indeed, good spread of light across the road and in particular the verge which is important out here in the sticks where there are plenty of unlit roads.

A big plug for for these guys -   https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/  - excellent product, first class service and aftercare, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Steve

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 09:38:14 AM »
Went out last night and found that the LED lights work very well indeed, good spread of light across the road and in particular the verge which is important out here in the sticks where there are plenty of unlit roads.

A big plug for for these guys -   https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/  - excellent product, first class service and aftercare, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Steve

Exactly what I found as many of our local roads are twisty and unlit,  and with dark wet evenings the LED bulbs are a godsend.  I regularly drive around with dipped on in daytime now there no real wearing out of the headlight bulbs like there is with a filament..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:56:00 AM »
LED lights work very well indeed, good spread of light across the road and in particular the verge which is important out here in the sticks where there are plenty of unlit roads.
Totally agree.  I wouldn't be without full LED headlights.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 10:09:44 AM »
I disagree, absolutely nothing wrong with standard lights,my wife and i are constantly being dazzled by led's. Maybe you old gits should get your eye's tested!!!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
I find the standard lights on my Mk 1 excellent. Certainly better than the four headlight system on my old 2001 Volvo S40.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 11:00:54 AM »
I disagree, absolutely nothing wrong with standard lights,my wife and i are constantly being dazzled by led's. Maybe you old gits should get your eye's tested!!!

What you are dazzled by are most likely HID headlamps,  any lamp that dazzles will not pass MOT beam test these days ( some people know this and remove aftermarket LED and HID gear ), except if the dazzling lights are on a German car.

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »

What you are dazzled by are most likely HID headlamps,  any lamp that dazzles will not pass MOT beam test these days ( some people know this and remove aftermarket LED and HID gear ), except if the dazzling lights are on a German car.

I have to agree, have not been flashed by other drivers since fitting these, and have had them fitted in our other car for some time and never had a problem with that car either.

Steve

guest4871

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 12:52:48 PM »

No it is not the direction of the beam - it is the colour of the LED light (which is equivalent to daylight) which is the problem.

You don't get flashed but you do get cursed. Other people not flashing you does not mean they are OK.

They are good for you but not for others.

You may see better - others suffer a form of night blindness, not dazzle, even in daylight with DLR lights.

guest7494

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

Maybe politeness would be nice to see, remember all of us become  Old Gits  sooner or later.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
Yes, and i'm one.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 07:55:48 PM »
What you are so rudely saying is absolute rubbish.  My eyes were factory fitted and in later years I have upgraded them with spectacles.

My LED headlights were also factory fitted and if they were deemed to cause a hazard to other road users then they would not pass regulations and not be allowed.  I too have never been flashed and I'm sure I would have been.

coffeecup

• Approved Member

Tags: