Author Topic: AE CVT review - positive!  (Read 5869 times)

Gittje

• Approved Member
Re: AE CVT review - positive!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »
Not so much to be positive about when you see the final verdict: it only gets 3 stars out of 5!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
I haven't yet heard the engine of my new Jazz scream. It's more like a very loud purr when pushed hard - noticeable because it's quiet when not having to work hard. And I have found that the left paddle has been useful to encourage the car to drop a logical gear and add some revs.

However, the review does highlight the question of whether a CVT gearbox should cost so much more than a manual one. The latter must include a lot more components.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
This person wants to learn how to drive a CVT in 7 speed mode on the paddles. My mk1 is very nippy and I expect the mk3 is the same.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Gittje

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »
However, the review does highlight the question of whether a CVT gearbox should cost so much more than a manual one. The latter must include a lot more components.
I certainly agree on that. Last week we have done a test drive with the new Jazz and we weren't impressed with all the extra "gadgets" the new model comes with.

We decided to keep our 1.4 Comfort Lifestyle CVT (with 16-inch alloys, cruise control, privacy glass, a driver’s front armrest, a leather-covered steering wheel & gearknob and tweeters) we bought at a discount price in juni 2014. For me it was my first car with automatic gears. At first I was a bit apprehensive, but now I love it  :)

Tags: reviews 

anything