Author Topic: Honda Fit, Gran Turismo console games  (Read 2781 times)

diffusion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz!
Honda Fit, Gran Turismo console games
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:55:02 PM »
So the Fit is the USA version of the Jazz.

I'm a Playstation user mostly for the racing games. In particular Gran Turismo 6 makes you spend your starting cash on a Fit as the only buy option once you've passed the initial test.

It turns in a great performance even before you start spending more money to tune it up. Mind you, I wonder about GT6 being a bit cooler in the AI opponents compared to previous versions. GT6 has some great graphics and in-car interior views but I get greater fun from the previous versions.

One circuit that has stayed in all is Tokyo city and there's a right-hander with a small kerb at the apex. If you're 'making progress' and put the RH wheels over that in the Fit - and some others - you find yourself slowly going onto the roof! Great to see from the various views if you save the playback.

Anyone else into racing games?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda Fit, Gran Turismo console games
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:59:36 AM »
Anyone else into racing games?
Me. I have an Xbox and for me it is Forza 4. I have driven thousands of miles on this game. I have also played the GP games but find them a bit long winded, what with practise, qualifying and the race. Forza 4 you arrive at the track, choose your setup, and race.
This is my "cockpit".

I normally do not have the onscreen wheel. What car has two steering wheels, one behind the other? I also don't like the non driver's aspect of following the car from behind. That's for kids (hope this isn't your favourite view?  :D )

diffusion

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
Hey again!

Nice setup. Is that a 42-ish size screen? Similar to mine. I made a little shelving box with the wheel on top and secure bit for the pedals below. I probably need to make an out rigger to keep my chair in place with it as I sometimes need to pull the box towards me to counteract the pedal force, although I put rough rubber on the base for friction on the carpet.

The GP you mention I take it as Formula One 20xx series. I have a couple of those and yeah the routine is a bit of a bore.

For those games that offer the cockpit position with wheel/instruments visible I also prefer that. Where they don't it's usually the base windscreen/bonnet view I go for. GT5 Academy Edition and GT6 offer a fair range of cars with the full cockpit view. I particularly like GT5's Jaguar XJ13 60's racer with the wooden type wheel and oldstyle revcounter.

The Need for Speed series are pretty good too.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 08:56:12 PM »
I have Formula One 2010 to 2014. I find Need For Speed too arcadey, as is Forza Horizon. Colin McRae Dirt 3 is good, especially Pikes Peak but more a game than a sim.
The monitor is a BenQ 27 inch.
I have Forza Motorsport, one to four. I have never played one, as it only works with a TV and I cannot be bothered rigging it up!
I like the bonnet view, so my wheel completes the picture.

diffusion

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »
Ahh, it was me seeing the perspective in your image wrong!

I came late to the Playstation and all the stuff I buy is 2nd hand. I once got a 2yr old game for 4 quid and there was still the full manual and the original receipt - 45 quid !!

One I got in January was NFS ProStreet and I find it really quite fun. There's some funny commentary at times with US and UK race commentators. There's a guy who sounds just like that radio host Radcliffe, of Radcliffe and Maconie fame and Radcliffe usually does Glastonbury when it's on. They/singly might do normal Beeb radio as well as Radio6 Music via freeview.

I buy 2nd hand hard disks and do a basic copy of the one already running - to transfer the op-system bits - onto the next one in a USB caddy. Then swap them over and start a fresh install of the games. I like the ProStreet so much I did that twice !

Fell Viper

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »
Big GT fan here! Hoping we get a version with some road cars (once a jazz) again!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 06:40:59 AM »
I have
Need For Speed: Carbon
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need For Speed: ProStreet
Need For Speed: Shift
Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

There was one game I borrowed from my son, cannot remember the name now, and the radio was brilliant. One of the tracks was "Black Betty", by Spiderbait. Fell in love with that track.

I only have an Xbox 360, but would love the new Xbox. problem is, wheels for the One are third party, and very expensive.

Never tried GT. Wrong format for me, but I believe it is very similar to Forza.

diffusion

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
You were up early yesterday, though seeing your bonkhead post I guess that's your routine. :)

Except for Hot Pursuit I have those too. One image I have from Carbon is during the intro sequence when you have to escape. You come to a halt and the guy rushes over to your side window  "How ya bin?". And another, the guy with the gloves "this is for serious drivers only". 

I've seen Forza get a good write-up elsewhere but I need to see what's available across both platforms.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »
Although a retired gentleman of almost 71, I am up, Monday to Friday, at 05:00. I drop my wife at work at 06:30, then it is Xbox, guitar, or whatever takes my fancy, till I pick her up at 11:00.

diffusion

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 09:29:06 PM »
Crikey!

In town this afternoon looking in CEX I see that Forza has versions 1-7. There seem to be 2 of ver4, an 'Essentials' for 4 quid and a 'Horizon' with 'no DLC' whatever that means, going for 32 quid. XBOX360 looks to have more of the NFS equivalents unless the 2 branches were low on XBOX-one stock.

One of the other NFS I have is 'The Run', about a guy redeeming a mob problem by a race from SanFran toNY.

An interesting thing I did with Carbon. With the 'My Cars' menu item you can add the various stock models to your garage. Choose 'Quick Race' then 'Checkpoint' then area 'Silverton' and venue 'GreyStreet'.  That's a fairly short run. Then choose 'Solo'. That way you're on your own.

Drive each car as fast as possible and make notes of the stats, time taken, top speed etc. I think ther'e's only a fixed number of garage slots so for the 32 cars you might need to delete some once you've raced and add the remainder.

Then, as it's the arcade scenario, you choose the car again and on menu choose ' customise'. You should be able to 'maximise performance' and it will add every tune-up item. You goto 'checkout cart' and of course it's free. Now do the same route and see how different the handling and stats times are.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »
DLC is downloadable content. Usually cars that don't come with the game. Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon are two different series/games. Motorsport is a track sim, Horizon is an open world arcade game.The Xbox 360 is good up to Motorsport 4 and Horizon 2. Beyond that in either you need an Xbox One.

I have,

Forza Motorsport
Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza: Horizon
Forza: Horizon 2

for my Xbox 360

Kiwikea

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz sport
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
Hi love racing games I have a Xbox 360 and a one x here are my games
Forza 1-6
Horizon 1-4
Dirt 1-3
Grid 1-2
Need for speed most wanted black edition
Need carbon
And shift 1-2

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
I also have Dirt 1-3 and Grid 1-2. Have you ever tried Project Gotham Racing? I have PGR 3 and 4, plus a load of other driving games. But Forza 4 is my goto favourite.

Tags: