Author Topic: Inveterate Honda owner - Jazzing for a while  (Read 3446 times)

pairojazzes

Inveterate Honda owner - Jazzing for a while
« on: February 26, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
Moving on to my 4th Jazz next week - New Sport in Shining Grey, having also had Accord, Civic x 2, Civic Coupe, Accord Coupe, Logo, Civic Aeorodec.
My wife is on her second Jazz - a 2015 Si.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Inveterate Honda owner - Jazzing for a while
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
Blimey!

I'm just a novice by comparison. Civic x 2 - just on Jazz number 3. 

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »
How long do you keep each Jazz for and is age the main reason for sale?

Also, does anyone want to sell me their old Jazz? : ) Having terrible trouble trying to find a good second hand car in Cambridge at the moment. I want something big enough to sling a bike in the back.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:39:29 PM »
Kept my first Jazz for 3 years. I put so much by a month in an ISA - it's a bit like a DIY PCP where you lend the money to yourself. When I got Jazz 2 I was expecting to keep it much longer but I have been having a number of joint problems of late including a damaged Achilles tendon in my left leg and, more recently, I've been diagnosed with impingement syndrome in my left shoulder. The changing of gears and use of the clutch was becoming a bit wearing and I noticed this on a recent longish trip down to Cornwall. I had more or less decided to get an automatic next time to help with these issues. I had seriously considered getting an EV but a number of factors put me off in particular some problems with installing a charger at my home and, paradoxically, seeing the brand new Nissan Leaf - indicated how quickly the EV scene was progressing and I didn't want to commit to a less capable car (ie the 30 kwh Leaf) the new one being out of my price bracket.

Hence I have Jazz 3 (an automatic) which I will keep for a long time.

guest7502

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »
Kept my first Jazz for 3 years. I put so much by a month in an ISA - it's a bit like a DIY PCP where you lend the money to yourself. When I got Jazz 2 I was expecting to keep it much longer but I have been having a number of joint problems of late including a damaged Achilles tendon in my left leg and, more recently, I've been diagnosed with impingement syndrome in my left shoulder. The changing of gears and use of the clutch was becoming a bit wearing and I noticed this on a recent longish trip down to Cornwall. I had more or less decided to get an automatic next time to help with these issues. I had seriously considered getting an EV but a number of factors put me off in particular some problems with installing a charger at my home and, paradoxically, seeing the brand new Nissan Leaf - indicated how quickly the EV scene was progressing and I didn't want to commit to a less capable car (ie the 30 kwh Leaf) the new one being out of my price bracket.

Hence I have Jazz 3 (an automatic) which I will keep for a long time.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your shoulder. Definitely sounds like a good choice! Hope you enjoy the automatic and that it is as reliable as a manual.

Yes the EV market is taking-off. Cambridge is a bit of a bubble but I've noticed a lot of Teslas on the road (and leafs), in fact there's even a display store in the shopping centre.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

pairojazzes

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 01:01:13 PM »
My car changes are just because I can, apart from one civic I had go to 51k mostly changed around 20k.

The last change because I really thought the latest jazz would be a great improvement and in so many ways has been but I really do hope the Sport with the 1.5 engine will make the Jazz more like what I require.

Tags: