Author Topic: Honda jazz Dsi coil replacement advice  (Read 3064 times)

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
Re: Honda jazz Dsi coil replacement advice
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »
Yep, totally agree Culzean about applying too much force, I only used it because it was the only tool I had that allowed access, couldn't get to it with my ratchet. I was very delicate with it.

ericmcn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: A Subaru...!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »
Using a breaker bar on plugs seems a sure fire way to brick an engine block! I had a angular bit extension thingy but I don't think it fitted the recess hole in the rear well - it was twisting but getting stuck. My extension bar was too big - if I had a 3" extension I think I could remove the rears with the standard socket.

Going to garage anyway, hopefully they will sort it!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ericmcn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »
Update...

Jazz is fixed, the mechanic said not only were the rear 4 plugs done, neither were the front. So much for genuine Honda service stamps! Unbelievable, no chance were they done at 60k miles

That's why I service my own Subaru legacy SpecB, well all the oils and easy enough stuff. I don't trust myself enough to do spark plugs on it but I'm ok for prevention maintenance. I done all the fluids during lock down and boy was that alot of oils...

Thanks for all the great help

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 08:18:04 PM »
Update...

Jazz is fixed, the mechanic said not only were the rear 4 plugs done, neither were the front. So much for genuine Honda service stamps! Unbelievable, no chance were they done at 60k miles

That's why I service my own Subaru legacy SpecB, well all the oils and easy enough stuff. I don't trust myself enough to do spark plugs on it but I'm ok for prevention maintenance. I done all the fluids during lock down and boy was that alot of oils...

Thanks for all the great help

IIRC mk1 plugs are 25,000 mile replacement intervals..mk2 on are 70,000 as iridium fitted at factory.

Dealer service stamps not worth the paper they are stamped on,  they are just blackmail, I do my own servicing and know the work has,been done and what oils and parts have been used. A decent socket set will pay for itself in no time, Halfords professional socket sets are good value and good quality...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:21:22 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ericmcn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »
Indeed, absolutely. I've the Halfords socket set it's good but I need some extension adapters. Is the 2005 1.4 jazz a mark 2? 

I'm going to do the coolant and transmission fluid on that next, the wife doesn't know anything about cars...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 10:10:25 PM »
Indeed, absolutely. I've the Halfords socket set it's good but I need some extension adapters. Is the 2005 1.4 jazz a mark 2? 

I'm going to do the coolant and transmission fluid on that next, the wife doesn't know anything about cars...

Generally the 2002 to 2008 is referred to as mk1 or GD,  problem is there was a Honda car called a Jazz back in 1980's and some places refer to that as the mk1 and the 2002 to 2008 GD as the mk2.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Jazz
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:37:38 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything