Author Topic: Parking sensor fault  (Read 1658 times)

orcadian

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
Parking sensor fault
« on: February 17, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »
Hi folks,
Our Sept 2015 SE has started playing games with the parking sensor system in the last few months.  Ignition on, start engine and an orange message appears with all sensors showing accompanied by the usual audible warning.  Press the P button to disable the sensors and go on our way.  Press the P button during the journey and no warning appears.  As you slow to about 20mph it flashes up again - probably at the speed the sensors are active but this time only the centre rear is showing - even though there is no sensor in the middle, only 4 across the back!
If I activate the system at low speed before reverse parking, the system indicates proximity as it should.
Any ideas from the collective?

Ian

Denzel

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 se navi
Re: Parking sensor fault
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 05:55:57 PM »
Hi orcadian,
I have the same problem as you were having with my parking sensors. Just wondered if you managed to find a solution before i have to take it to the garage.

orcadian

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
Re: Parking sensor fault
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 09:03:08 PM »
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply - been away in the Jazz.  Sorry, no further on with it I'm afraid but we live with it.  Seems to improve with better/warmer weather but functions correctly when switched on before reversing where space might be tight.  I've driven for over 50 years without such tom-foolery!  Another annoyance is the 'deflation warning system' - also seems to cry wolf.

If you get yours fixed at the dealers - it might help others if they give you a reason without the usual BS.

Ian

Tags: