Author Topic: CVT Fluid Change  (Read 27123 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: CVT Fluid Change
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2021, 03:47:15 PM »
why does box only drop 2.5 litres.
Welcome. It is quite common for gearboxes (and other components) not to drop their entire contents when drained. There could be baffles inside the sump or an internal filter and/or oil pump that retains fluid. The main thing is that when you refill it, you let excess oil escape from the Fill/Level port so as not to overfill it.

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »
A drain only releases around 2.5 litres. capacity is double that..approx. 
Honda's schedule cannot be a full drain.. That requires drain once, refill 2.5litres. Drive 15 minutes. drain again. Refill. That is more like £150+ worth of work..
  why does box only drop 2.5 litres.
It's actually just over 3 litres that drains out, it's because it's an automatic and oil remains in the operating parts of the gearbox, you can only drain all the oil if you open it up.
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

pankajsingh

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 Automatic 2007
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 02:21:12 PM »
Please can someone tell me how much CVT oil to refill on a Jazz 2007. I am doing a flush because of the juddering problem and need to know hou much to refill. It seems to me that currently it is overfilled. Please also see photo of the dipstick. Please advise.

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2021, 11:45:20 AM »
Please can someone tell me how much CVT oil to refill on a Jazz 2007. I am doing a flush because of the juddering problem and need to know hou much to refill. It seems to me that currently it is overfilled. Please also see photo of the dipstick. Please advise.
You need to get the service manual which is available via google or google how to check the CVT oil level because it's a bit of a process. Do not drive the vehicle until you've ensured the level is correct because you may cause expensive damage.
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

Tags: