Author Topic: Jazz Wanted - But which model? - Help Please.  (Read 4465 times)

guest5950

Jazz Wanted - But which model? - Help Please.
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
Hello,  I'm keen to buy a second hand Jazz but I'm not sure what model I should be looking for. I have some features that are essential for me.

The following are essential; Auto or semi-auto, Cruise Control & a proper spare wheel (no puncture repair nonsense! - A space saver is O.K.). I'd prefer not to have one with the kangaroo box!

Can anyone tell me what sort of year & model I should be looking for? Can spend £5- 10K.  Any advice will be welcome. Thank you.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Jazz Wanted - But which model? - Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:24 AM »
Your essentials dictate you would be happy with the EX spec Jazz, there are 000's out there at prresent.
You wont have any problems finding Jazz EX which come with auto - CVT-7speed - gearbox as stadard, the cruise control is fine when you can swop over.
As with any car you need to test drive before you buy, condition and invoiced service history are key, you can check up on the MOT history via DVLA . Jazz models are popular and plentiful so condition and your choice of external colour will help narrow down the choice. Go for a search around the internet Autotrader & large supermarket dealers eg Motorpoint and FOW to gauge the asking £ . Good Luck with your search
Always bargain hard if buying from agarage, and do check via HPI for any issues before signing over.

guest5950

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  Can you remind me of the type of "jerky" auto transmission that gained notoriety with Honda a few years ago?  I used to know the name but have now forgotten it.

Thank you for the rest of your advice - As you say there are so many around.  I may try my nearest dealer, Collins at Bexhill.  I sourced a Jazz for an elderly neighbour there last year - He's pretty happy with it.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »
The notchy gearbox is the i-shift.

If you intend keeping the car for a decent length of time, and put some decent mileage on it, consider a hybrid, I can't fault mine. Its a shame that Honda have decided to stop importing them for the Mk3.

olduser1

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:35 PM »
Once your happy with a Jazz, negotiate hard as you can, dealers are looking to clear February target sales.

guest5950

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
Thanks for the i-shift information - I recall that was its name.  I wonder why they were so criticized?

Also I get the message - Drive a hard bargain!

I have got a one owner, always garaged, main dealer serviced every year, 38,000 miles, 1996 CRX convertible - but I don't think a dealer will give me enough for it. Think I'll keep it for sunny days!

olduser1

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
A search on Autotrader can throw up local Jazz with your spec and £ - good luck, more models will be around in March when UK number plate changers make their move.

Nice machine the CRX, I wouldn't even consider letting a dealer look at it in p/ex  - they wouldn't recognize it.
If you want to let go wait for good weather April/May then put advert on CRX/Honda Owners forum/Pistonheads/Gumtree. As ever only take cash from a buyer in the bank where you deposit before you hand over any paperwork.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »
Cruise control is standard on ES Plus (2013-15), Si (2012-15) and EX (all years). CVT came in early 2011, before that it will be i-SHIFT.

Some hybrids have cruise control (can't remember which specs) and all will be CVT and 2011-on facelift.

A space saver was a dealer fit option and may still be avaliable in stock (at a price), or try ebay. A full size wheel from a late 90s/early 00s Rover *may* fit but I can't remember which generation Jazz this applies to.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:43:50 PM by RichardA »

guest5950

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
Thanks to you all for your advice - Especially about the Cruise & I-Shift issues.

Regarding the need for a spare - When you've had a puncture damaging the side wall & it's in the middle of no-where, it's 2 in the morning & it's raining, you begin to wish that you had a car with a proper spare!

In a moment of madness I bought a SMART a couple of years ago & although I never did have a puncture it was always on my mind about what I would do if I had a flat! I managed to fit a skinny spare wheel behind the passenger seat along with an old Nissan jack.  Not the best use of space in a car that had barely enough space in it for the supermarket shop.

With respect to selling my convertible CRX, thank you for your advice about waiting until March/April to sell it - I'm not in a hurry.

Does anyone have any idea about what I may expect to sell it for - A low mileage utterly original car?

It's black - which I guess doesn't help - The only change from original spec is that it has a remote change Pioneer multi CD system fitted from new.

I've seen earlier CRX's advertised for up to £6000 but the later ones don't seem to have the same allure.

Thanks again,  Philip. 

olduser1

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
Too few CRX around, so I would look at Autotrader value my car - its free.
Then sweep up any sold items on E Bay.
Maybe ring a few that are for sale ask owners if any offers interest

Tags:

anything