Author Topic: Interesting interview with Honda UK's MD  (Read 4206 times)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Interesting interview with Honda UK's MD
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »
http://www.motortrader.com/motor-trader-news/mt-interview/mt-interview-honda-uk-ceo-phil-crossman-24-02-2016

Odd that he can't get cars to sell when Jazz and HR-V (especially) are so much more expensive here than in other parts of the world, even though most other markets get bigger engines, standard auto and metallic paint.

The comments on PCP explain why we were "forced" (with a bribe) into taking a PCP on our Jazz EX even though we didn't want to.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Interesting interview with Honda UK's MD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 11:09:34 PM »
What an interview, all about volume and profitability
Comments about going back into Liverpool riled me , 3 dealerships in a short time then 0 ??
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:29:51 PM by olduser1 »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
The attached extract from the latest Which? may be relevant regarding PCP. For me, the interesting number is Which?'s estimated trade-in value of £5,363 after 3 years which looks a lot lower than what I would expect for a Jazz. Or maybe it reflects a lot of ex-PCP vehicles being dumped on the market and bringing down the trade-in value for the rest. Food for thought?

The rest of the interview is quite intriguing: On the one hand there's the declining sales numbers and on the other hand there's the claimed shortage of the models which people want to buy which could explain why Honda felt they could get away with the New Year price hikes. If the dealers aren't making good margins then Honda UK should be.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »
yeah might be pcp or might be mobility being given away to anyone and everyone, but at least it isnt a company car like a focus/golf or it would be even less.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:13:06 AM by monkeydave »

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
My local dealer with two dealerships both Honda now selling at cost price plus £1 ,is that a good deal or a bit of a con ?

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »
My local dealer with two dealerships both Honda now selling at cost price plus £1 ,is that a good deal or a bit of a con ?

I always think these offers are a con.  "Cost" price is meaningless - the dealers get all sorts of rebates and bonuses. 

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »
I know of one dealer that has gone from two sites to just one covering the same the area, maybe I now know why reading between the lines.

The other branch now sales Tesla, not operated by the franchise holder who ran Honda from that site as I understand Tesla don't work from the traditional franchise dealer model.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 07:31:07 AM »
When I drive past both this dealers sites I'm amazed at how many new unregistered cars are sat there,really does make you wonder ?

Tags: