Author Topic: Thieves stole my catalytic converter and lambda sensors.  (Read 22453 times)

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
Re: Thieves stole my catalytic converter and lambda sensors.
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 10:20:37 AM »
Hi all. What is the colletive view on the Catlock system? To me it looks like the best engineered of the available deterrents, in this application. You could go overboard with a cable and plate "belt and braces" approach. I think if choosing any one system, this would be the pick. Has anyone any positive experience of these systems having prevented a theft?
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies and info so far.
I just went under the car for a better look and I saw that both sensors were 4 wires. The wires in each loom were; 1 black, 1 grey and 2 of them were white. I haven't got the replacements yet so not sure if they will be matching colours or even if there is a plug already on the new ones.
 If there isn't a plug already on the new ones and I have to connect the wires (assuming they are the same colour) does anyone know if the two white ones are interchangeable? What would happen if I get those two wires wrongly connected?
No need for universal sensors and issues of rewiring and finding plug connectors  Lucas LEB 455 and Lucas LEB 456 are a direct replacement plug in sensor  made for the Jazz and are only a few ££s more than the universal  parts. The Lucas sensor even has the weather shroud to seal the interior of the car from water ingress. My replacement kit from Ebay included a BM Cat, 2 Lucas LEB sensors, middle pipe, rear box and fittihg kit for around £210, prices seem to have fallen recently to around £195

Popenator

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se cvt
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »
I just went under the car for a better look and I saw that both sensors were 4 wires. The wires in each loom were; 1 black, 1 grey and 2 of them were white. I haven't got the replacements yet so not sure if they will be matching colours or even if there is a plug already on the new ones.
 If there isn't a plug already on the new ones and I have to connect the wires (assuming they are the same colour) does anyone know if the two white ones are interchangeable? What would happen if I get those two wires wrongly connected?
No need for universal sensors and issues of rewiring and finding plug connectors  Lucas LEB 455 and Lucas LEB 456 are a direct replacement plug in sensor  made for the Jazz and are only a few ££s more than the universal  parts. The Lucas sensor even has the weather shroud to seal the interior of the car from water ingress. My replacement kit from Ebay included a BM Cat, 2 Lucas LEB sensors, middle pipe, rear box and fittihg kit for around £210, prices seem to have fallen recently to around £195

Hi do you have a link to the seller or listing you actually purchased from please. These are the exact items I was aboit to purchase separately

Thanks
Rich

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2022, 04:23:23 PM »

Hi do you have a link to the seller or listing you actually purchased from please. These are the exact items I was aboit to purchase separately

Thanks
Rich

I would not mess around with the DIY wire-up sensors,  the sensors connect directly to the car ECU,  make a wiring error and there is a risk of damaging the expensive ECU, I would go for the plug and play Lucas LEB 455 and 456.

More than 2 years since I purchased a replacement cat set,  the Ebay seller being known as aacarpartsuk.
Enter Ebay and search with phrase "Honda Jazz Catalytic Convertor stolen",  search will return many vendors,  then it is up to you to check with the vendor for the maker of the Cat and the maker of the two sensors they are offering.  The issue seems to be the middle pipe section, they get bent in transit and do not fit, they foul the car bodywork, the sills, you find your self bending and shaping the section until it matches the old pipe,  that is the hard part of the job,  the Honda OEM center pipe is north of £220 if you go the OEM route, £220 being more than the entire Ebay kit!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 04:28:01 PM by E27006 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2022, 04:53:25 PM »
I have replaced the middlebox twice during my ownership, both times with third party pattern parts and never had any problems fitting it.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
I have replaced the middlebox twice during my ownership, both times with third party pattern parts and never had any problems fitting it.
Please advise the maker/catalogue number of the middlebox section, I purchased several from Ebay, none were a satisfactory first time fit, they all fouled "knocked " the sill under certain road conditions of slowing down/cornering.
There is fundamental difference between pattern parts and OEM, the centre box is of oversize for diameter on the pattern part, the "tunnel" for the passage of the centre pipe is marginal for clearance.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »
Please advise the maker/catalogue number of the middlebox section
No idea. I just bought them from my local motor factor, TMS.

Tags: