Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1006 times)

Fergy144

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Civic CTR M200, 2019 Civic CTR GT
Hello all
« on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:11 AM »
 I currently own a 2019 Civic Type R but it really is not being used enough to justify keeping it. Looking at getting a 2018 1.5 Sport which I think will be more practical and economical, I’m quite a large fellow and getting on in years.
I have never driven a Jazz in any variant so was wondering what are they like to drive as I have always had Civic’s mainly Diesels.
Not completely leaving the Civic Type R behind as I also own a 2010 Mugen 200 which I will probably keep for as long as I can keep driving.
Any advice on thinks to look for or opinions on these cars would be appreciated.
Thanks
Garry

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 04:49:22 PM »
Welcome. Just to let you know that any Jazz is like a milk float compared to the Type R. I did a number of laps around Knockhill in a Type R so I know what they are like.

Fergy144

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Civic CTR M200, 2019 Civic CTR GT
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 05:59:29 PM »
Thank you for the replying, I wouldn’t expect it to be in the same league in handling and performance, but smaller and to be totally honest since the Mk8 Civic they have grown in size and are more like a replacement for Accord in the UK.
What I really want to know is what are they like to drive round town on longer journeys I know they will give better mpg, what’s the handling like.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »
I have an old one and I think it handles great. I drive quite spirited at times and the handling is always predictable. Mine has the old Dual Spark engine and it is a joy around town, The VTEC is not as flexible as the DSi. If you go for the latest model Jazz or Jazz Crosstar it is an electric transmission so no gears therefore great in town.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:23:41 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything