Author Topic: Navigation system  (Read 1555 times)

BestwoodRoadie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 Hybrid EX
Navigation system
« on: January 27, 2022, 06:16:52 PM »
Noticed that the sound for the Nav system has “disappeared”!, cannot remember changing any settings, any thought please.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Navigation system
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »

slowflow

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV EX
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 08:29:02 PM »
You can change the loudness of the car audio and the nav voice differently by pressing the volume knobs on the steering wheel at the right time. Perhaps you could try to push volume up during situations where the nav gives the hint e.g. to turn right or to leave the motorway.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 02:38:44 AM »
I had quiet voice directions and went into the touchscreen menu to set volume settings. These contain independent settings for the audio and sat nav volume levels, plus a setting to return all to factory default level.
I found my sat nav volume was low, so returned all to factory levels, after which the volume returned to an acceptable level.
Likely I could have also adjusted the volume knob or steering wheel volume controls whilst the sat nab was giving directions.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 02:39:39 AM »
I had quiet voice directions and went into the touchscreen menu to set volume settings. These contain independent settings for the audio and sat nav volume levels, plus a setting to return all to factory default level.
I found my sat nav volume was low, so returned all to factory levels, after which the volume returned to an acceptable level.
Likely I could have also adjusted the volume knob or steering wheel volume controls whilst the sat nav was giving directions.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 05:11:45 AM »
Most of the time I have my SatNav voice off because 99% of my journeys I know where I'm going.

It is a faff to turn the voice on and not something you can do on the move. Shame there isn't a quicker way.
Let's be careful out there !

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 07:06:29 AM »
Muting the sat nav was more of a problem for me until someone mentioned the press audio on/off once.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 07:17:53 AM »
I never knew that.

If disabled this way does another single press bring it back I wonder.

Edit :

Fail. Powered up, set navigation destination. As soon as the first instructions were being announced I pressed the audio button once and all that did was turn on the audio.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:32:45 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 09:10:38 AM »
I have a separate thread going on losing the voice guidance altogether irrespective of the system volume settings and associated volume adjustments….been infuriating the wife and myself for weeks now. In again at the dealers for investigation.
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Tags: