Author Topic: HR-V e:HEV early impressions.  (Read 3833 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
HR-V e:HEV early impressions.
« on: January 15, 2022, 05:31:17 PM »

picked it up 15th Jan at lunchtime.
SUPERB!
The reviewers are talking absolute bollox about the ‘mooing’ ICE. I floored it in an overtake and it was no noisier than the K at full chat and the noise didn't last long.
I haven’t been far but I have managed 65mpg on a 5 mile gentle run round Poole. When It has eased u I would expect 70 or 65 driven a bit more rapidly.
Horizon were brilliant bought salesman and S manager a bottle of Prosecco each for putting up with me.
They gave me  They gave me full set of rubber mats  £94 (as requested (more useful for beach and country dog walking than posh 'fluffy ones), a beautiful bouquet  of flowers, (immediately nicked by the Mem Sahib) a large bottle of olive oil, very useful as I had just run out and a £97 Honda padded jacket which, alas, is too small. The sales chap said he would try and get the biggest one. I found them on line from the supplier for £30 less than the price on the Honda ticket!!

Love the heated steering wheel. Heater is very quick to come up to desired temp. Much more comfortable on 18” 50s than the K on 16” 60s.
 Boot area identical to Karoq and Yeti, although the sloping roof line reduces overall volume to 315 Litres. Still big enough for a 25Kg Lurcher!
Haven't tried 0-62 yet, but acceleration seems more than adequate although not as much ‘urge’ as the K.
1. thing I think is stupid and 1 I am not overjoyed about, but neither detract from what I think is a cracking car.
2. With that massive light bar at the rear why on earth did Honda not have progressive indicators instead of the pint sized, tiddly rear indicators?
2. A rubbery gear knob? Per-lease! I can’t remember. when I last had a car without a leather gear knob. I know it’s nit-picking, but it just struck me as ‘Yen’ pinching on a car costing (now) over £30K
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:59:35 AM by Karoq »
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: HR-V e:HEV early impressions.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 06:21:42 PM »
Thank you Karoq in posting your first impressions. Although there are some amongst us who get wound up about discussing a “non Jazz” on clubjazz.org, I for one am interested to hear of your experience, because the drive train (ok different power output) is identical to the Jazz and presumably Honda Sensing is the same too, though I hope they have sorted RDMS!

Car looks great, by the way.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 06:58:15 PM »
Thanks, good to hear the mooing is related to so called review drivers rather than normal drivers.
Agree with you about minor irritants - rubber gear knob & indicators. So easy to get right at minimal cost so why do manufacturers alienate customers for such petty cash?
Beats me, but great to hear about the good points and look forward to your future reviews.

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 11:21:48 AM »
Saycol,
That is why I put it in the HR-V section of the Jazz forum. so as not to irritate the ones who are not interested in the HR-V.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
Thanks, good to hear the mooing is related to so called review drivers rather than normal drivers.
Agree with you about minor irritants - rubber gear knob & indicators. So easy to get right at minimal cost so why do manufacturers alienate customers for such petty cash?
Beats me, but great to hear about the good points and look forward to your future reviews.

Checking the on-line spec it says “gear knob is leather” - Karoq says in fact his is rubber!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 03:32:24 PM »
Just found out the new HR-V comes with a heated windscreen as standard - have you used it yet on these cold mornings? If so how long does it take to clear frost and condensation?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 09:00:04 PM »
Just found out the new HR-V comes with a heated windscreen as standard - have you used it yet on these cold mornings? If so how long does it take to clear frost and condensation?

It's sneaky marketing - the so called 'heated windscreen' is just some elements underneath where the wipers sit on the windscreen so they don't freeze to the glass!

I've never had the blades on my Mk4 Jazz stick, even in minus 2 with thick ice on the windscreen. I am using Bosch aftermarket blades though.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 10:16:40 PM »

It's sneaky marketing - the so called 'heated windscreen' is just some elements underneath where the wipers sit on the windscreen so they don't freeze to the glass!

I've never had the blades on my Mk4 Jazz stick, even in minus 2 with thick ice on the windscreen. I am using Bosch aftermarket blades though.
You must wonder why Honda would do that? If you are going to fit a heated windscreen why not fit a fully heated windscreen? Doesn’t make sense to me!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 10:38:02 PM »
Hi Karoq, any further thoughts on your time with the HR-V. Gloss will have worn off by now and any irritants should have shown up. Welcome your latest thinking and plus points and minus points on the hybrid engine and car in general.

Tags:

anything