Author Topic: Jazz TypeR  (Read 1440 times)

cgokce

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 Crosstar EX
Jazz TypeR
« on: October 21, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »
Looks cool I think.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:58:35 PM by cgokce »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Jazz TypeR
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »
...The Mugen effort looks pretty good too :)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »
Will there be any engine improvements?

I’m sure the current system could be tweaked for more performance at the expense of economy.

I’ve notice recently in the colder weather that there is much more low speed response when the petrol engine is already running to provide heating.

cgokce

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 Crosstar EX
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 06:41:57 PM »
Will there be any engine improvements?

I’m sure the current system could be tweaked for more performance at the expense of economy.

I’ve notice recently in the colder weather that there is much more low speed response when the petrol engine is already running to provide heating.

Unfortunately it's only a render. I don't think there will be an improvement in terms of power for a hybrid vehicle.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 10:24:26 PM »
If you want more performance then use the powertrain and battery from the new HR-V. Didn't Honda put the HR-V's  engine into the Mk 3 Jazz to create the Sport version? In the e:HEV system the biggest factor affecting performance will be motor size and the ability of the battery to provide a surge of energy.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 10:20:49 AM »
Looks very sporty. Maybe Honda could get Toyota to supply some of the Yaris GR triple engines and give the car the shove to go with the looks. The Yaris GR is good for 0-60 in 5.5 seconds!

https://evo.co.uk/toyota/toyota-gr-yaris/202068/toyota-gr-yaris-review-a-modern-homologation-special-at-its-very-best

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
Looks very sporty. Maybe Honda could get Toyota to supply some of the Yaris GR triple engines and give the car the shove to go with the looks. The Yaris GR is good for 0-60 in 5.5 seconds!

https://evo.co.uk/toyota/toyota-gr-yaris/202068/toyota-gr-yaris-review-a-modern-homologation-special-at-its-very-best

There are many great Honda engines available.

They could use the civic 1.5 turbo engine.

Or they could drop in a bigger electric motor... I'd like to see the electric motor from the CRV - nearly doubling the power :)

However, I had a 400hp SUV for a day that did 0-62mph in under 6 seconds (The craziest loan car ever - take in an old Volvo hatchback and get given an £83k SUV!)... and found in the real world it wasn't really any faster A-B than my Jazz.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »
One of the best civics was the old Mark 7 Type S - it had the engine from my Mark 7 accord, a 2.0 litre 160hp odd one instead of the normal 100hp one.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:17:31 AM by sportse »

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 03:42:14 PM »
Good point sportse, the 1.5 Civic turbo engine would do it for sure. Bin as much weight as possible, and Honda could have a proper hot hatch on their hands. If the Yaris GR is anything to go by, they would sell out of RHD examples quickly enough.

You make a very valid point about speed though. On our heavily congested roads, you're not going to arrive a lot quicker. I understand that in London for example, traffic is moving slower than it was a century ago! Doesn't stop the wealthy cruising in their supercars though.  ;D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 04:17:31 PM »
I fail to understand why anyone drives into the smoke. The mayor has led a project of road narrowing and more recently road blocking to favour cyclists and it's nose to tail a lot of the time. He hasn't reduced pollution in some places but increased it. When you consider that buses and cars have got cleaner that's not impressive.

Plus it will cost £12.50 daily congestion charge from Monday anywhere within the north and south circular unless exempt.

As for that TypeR, could that just be a third party design exercise not destined for production ?
Let's be careful out there !

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »
On our recent trip to London for a couple of days break, Mrs W and me walked about 15miles. We arrived at Liverpool St station and didn't fancy the tube or bus. The weather was good which helped a lot, that and we like walking in cities for a change. If I were a Londoner, I reckon it would be time to get my Dawes bike out and back into service.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 05:04:29 PM »
Before the pandemic I spent many days walking round London. Having lived in Hillingdon since 1972 and spent 5 years minicabbing I know London quite well but only how to get to various popular places from the west.

Walking round allowed me to join up the various locations.

I'm no taxi driver knowledge wise but I reckon I know it quite well now.

It takes me under an hour to get to Oxford Street by public where a lot of flagship stores are for a better range. Not forgetting Lillywhites at Piccadilly Circus which is Sports Direct flagship store with everything they do across 6 large floors and a few mezzanines.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:07:00 PM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 05:27:08 PM »
I fail to understand why anyone drives into the smoke. The mayor has led a project of road narrowing and more recently road blocking to favour cyclists and it's nose to tail a lot of the time. He hasn't reduced pollution in some places but increased it. When you consider that buses and cars have got cleaner that's not impressive.

Plus it will cost £12.50 daily congestion charge from Monday anywhere within the north and south circular unless exempt.
Why drive? Because we live here and (for many households) we have too.

I moved to London from up north >15 years ago.
At first I didn’t need a car as most journeys were local or via a nearby tube to central London, carrying minimal baggage.
However, with kids and the need to get places that are not easily or conveniently served by public transport, cars are often required.

The use has changed though, and I personally walk locally as much as possible (it’s not viable to drive and park anywhere near then town’s ‘high street’).

You’re right about it being harder these days; having an old diesel Audi estate navigating cycle lanes, slow traffic and that impending £12.50 ULEZ charge made it make much more sense to change to a smaller car that makes >65mpg (with electric mode on short journeys) and navigate much easier around blocked traffic. I do miss it though (sometimes) :)

Yes I did consider giving up a car, but not viable for family needs.

Whilst newer cars are ULEZ exempt, we do need to pay an annual charge to park outside our own homes, and on destination streets across most of London but it’s cheaper for lower polluting cars (similar to road tax).

In summary, absolutely car use and priority of the motorist is changing dramatically in London. Most of us are out of pocket but have little choice, so we need adapt sensibly, or loose out.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:47:07 PM by DWJazz2021 »

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 07:58:52 PM »
Just to make you more jealous, see what was available in New Zealand --
https://issuu.com/hondanewzealand/docs/2018_jazz_rsmugen_fc_2018.1
I bought my Civic Sport in 2016 , going from a Mk 2 Jazz ES-- the Mugen Jazz had just come out in New Zealand--if it had been available here I would have stayed with a Jazz !

Tags: