Author Topic: Boot Size  (Read 1563 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Boot Size
« on: October 17, 2021, 10:32:39 PM »
The boot capacity of the new HR-V is stated to be 320 litres, significantly smaller than most of its competitors. However I can’t find any dimensions of depth, height and width. I find that in packing carry on cases those dimensions are more important than simple volume. Has anyone knowledge of those dimensions - perhaps measured them at a dealers launch party?

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Boot Size
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »
Dealer hasn't got a demonstrator yet and couldn't find the boot dimensions so I emailed Honda(UK) to ask them. They replied this morning to say they didn't know the dimensions of the boot and perhaps my dealer would!
I have replied asking them to contact Honda Japan and get the information from them, what do you think the chances are of me getting the information?

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 08:08:44 PM »
I know this isn’t quite what you are looking for, but I found it useful to compare sizes of vehicles.
There are a few options you can choose including boot, outside and interesting one for parking spaces.

https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:44:32 PM »
I know this isn’t quite what you are looking for, but I found it useful to compare sizes of vehicles.
There are a few options you can choose including boot, outside and interesting one for parking spaces.

https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php
Thanks but I am familiar with that comparison website, excellent for overall dimensions and comparisons but, unfortunately it doesn’t give the length, breadth or depth of the boot capacity. I am just very surprised and disappointed that Honda(UK) didn’t have access to that data - or make any effort to get it.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »
Are these the sort of dimensions you are looking for?

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 12:56:49 PM »
Are these the sort of dimensions you are looking for?

Thanks - just what I was looking for. The slope of the rear and the recline angle of the rear seat reduces the depth from 72cm at bottom to 34 cm at top. I think that is the biggest problem for me, unless I could reduce the recline of the rear seat to provide a squarer boot space? Anyway I will now check fit of carry-on bags to see if I can easily fit 3 in + soft bags etc.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »
The slope of the rear...

...is in my opinion, the problem here. A stylistic choice to look sporty. It is certainly a challenge for me in considering this car.

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 02:46:46 PM »
The slope of the rear...

...is in my opinion, the problem here. A stylistic choice to look sporty. It is certainly a challenge for me in considering this car.
Also a challenge for me, that and the reported loud engine noise when pressed are my sticking points. However, until I’ve tried it myself and seen how it suits my style of driving I am taking reviews by “road testers” with a pinch of salt! I tend to be a gentle but brisk driver, rarely use full acceleration and try and drive in anticipation of road conditions etc. On my present car (Skoda Yeti 1.2 Auto) I am averaging 44.45 MPG which seems to be a lot better than tests report so maybe I am more economic than I think!

Tags:

anything