Author Topic: System overheating?  (Read 1460 times)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
System overheating?
« on: October 17, 2021, 07:13:52 PM »
Today I drove for a total of about 4 hours. A couple of weird things happened during the trip: one was that the car refused to lock on leaving it, both at lunchtime and when we arrived at our final destination . I pressed the lock button, the car beeped. I went round the doors and tailgate opening and closing them, the car still would not lock. I got back into the car and went through start procedure then pressed the power off button, car still refused to lock. The car was in a safe place so I left it unlocked for a while. When I returned a bit later the car locked OK.

The other thing that happened was, the built-in Satnav locked up, at least, the infotainment display froze. The turn directions were still showing in the drivers display and the voice was still working. I decided that the car screen must have overheated. I turned on the car fan and set the temperature low. After about 15 minutes the navigation display started tracking the car again.

Do you think both of these phenomena are related to the car system overheating?
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: System overheating?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »
It's not something I've heard about yet.

My car is usually parked outside, in direct sunlight - I haven't had any issues so far. I've also driven for 3-4 hours in a day several times.

In the manual there is just a warning about the safety systems overheating (camera sensor on the top of the windscreen) and that they would resume when the car interior had cooled down.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:19:14 PM by sportse »

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »
Hi, I’m sure you’re aware of and have discounted the below but I will post from the sake of experience, as both had happened to me on separate occasions.

1. Beeping when locking. Was there any chance at all that either of the keys were in the car. It happened to me in first hour of ownership as I realised I’d left the 2nd key in my bag which was still in the boot. It refused to lock with key inside the vehicle (I was outside the car with key one)

2. Had the sound carrying on with no entertainment screen when, *I think* there was a prior setting for dark mode with 0% backlight and (jury is still out) and it had just turned dusk outside. Took a good five mins of button pressing to reset it.

If however you’ve discounted both and it’s a new phenomenon.. that’s more worrying.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:07:34 PM by DWJazz2021 »

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:22:39 PM »
With these faults, I think a trip back to your Honda dealer is in order.

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 10:26:35 PM »
Would it be that the car thought the key was still inside and therefore not lock - how close were you to the car;
Try it from 10 ft away.

or you had it in P and engine off when trying to lock, that the screen showed the eco trees and shut down?
Or if had pressed the button once more it waits for footbrake or second press for ACc.
Sometimes I need to 'start' fully and then press to turn off if I have forgot to put in

Or you, or partner had second key with them, in glovebox, in jacket.

I know if you leave car with engine ' running ' it will beep if you leave with keys
And when I powered car off, but stayed in the car for 5 mins it doesn't allow restart but need door open , closed, keys against start bttn to allow restart.
It seems to want straightforward scenarios to power on or off.
So I wouldn't panic just yet. Try it again, make sure dash is saying goodbye before getting out of car.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 10:13:33 AM »
This summer I had my spare car key with me when we went away on holiday. I'd packed up the car for the return journey (back seat down, loaded up to the point where I could just see through the rear windscreen). Somehow the spare key got activated. I normally have it powered off.

I couldn't lock the car. Much hair pulled in frustration. Eventually it dawned on me what had gone wrong, and I had to unload half the cargo to find the box I'd put the spare key in, and then deactivate it properly.

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 02:11:51 PM »
No problems locking today. Wifie says her key was not in the car at the time.

The built-in satnav screen is still playing up.  It is not tracking the vehicle and is not responding to my input. Voice directions are still working and turns are displayed on the drivers screen.
Neil Ives

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 02:52:22 PM »
If its just the Navigation app, then you could go in and force stop it, so it would then start up again.

General settings > system > detail information > App manager > Navigation > force stop

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »
If its just the Navigation app, then you could go in and force stop it, so it would then start up again.

General settings > system > detail information > App manager > Navigation > force stop
Great, that did the trick. Thank you.
Neil Ives

Tags: