Author Topic: Trouble connecting Android smart phone to 22YM car  (Read 3975 times)

guest9814

Re: Trouble connecting Android smart phone to 22YM car
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »
Update: Android Auto stopped working! My phone had automatically updated from Android 10 to 11. Also, I'd set the car to connect with my WiFi and allowed the car to update it's OS.

I had a search online and one suggestion was to reset the car to its factory settings. I did that. The Bluetooth pairing between car and phone took place again and AA seems to be OK now.

One frustration is that I cannot open Android Auto on the phone; it's now embedded in the operating system so doesn't have a launch icon. If AA is working on the car you can tap a setting button on the car and that opens AA on the phone where you can see some limited settings.

Google Play offers an AA version that opens on the phone screen but I don't know if it's installing a second version of the app or just adding the functionality to open the app on the phone.
Android Auto for phone  screen only launches embedded AA.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2021, 03:51:30 AM »
....... and don't forget that Android 12 has no Android Auto.

It's being replaced with 'Assistant Driving Mode' which is powered by Google Maps but contains all the existing features.

Whether this is backwards compatible for Honda, who knows

Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2021, 09:57:04 AM »
....... and don't forget that Android 12 has no Android Auto.

It's being replaced with 'Assistant Driving Mode' which is powered by Google Maps but contains all the existing features.

Whether this is backwards compatible for Honda, who knows

Android Auto will still exist for cars. The stand alone (phone only) AA mode is deprecated in favour of Google Assistant.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 11:15:01 PM »
...Picked the car up this evening  :D Had a quick go but was unsuccessful getting Android Auto to work, wired or wireless. Updated to Android 12 this morning so assuming that's the culprit as I was able to connect wirelessly on Android 11 in the test drive vehicle.

Anyone had any success with Android 12?

Phone is Pixel 3 xl.

Tags: