Author Topic: oil spraying out at the left hand back side of the engine!  (Read 2443 times)

guest882

oil spraying out at the left hand back side of the engine!
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »
hy everybody!
i own the jazz for a year now,and ever since it has benn "burning "oil about 2l/10000km.the local honda dealer said it's normal...but today i saw at the left hand back side of the engine that oil was being sprayed out,so i took a clean sheet of paper and placed it in that area ,started the engine and reved it from 2000 rpm to 3500.when i took the sheet of paper out it was sprayed with oil in a diagonal pattern,and to me it looked like it was sprayed more when the engine was reved.
what do you think?any advice is welcomed
thank you

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: oil spraying out at the left hand back side of the engine!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »
Can you post a picture about that area?
Is it not around the (head) gasket?
Don`t forget to check the engine coolant (water) level! Be sure no oil is mixed there!

guest882

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:49:21 AM »
i talked to a friend mechanic yesterday and he told me that the oil is coming out(mostly at higher revs)through a o-ring seal at the end of the camshaft,and then thrown around by the alternator belt..and the haynes amnual says:"if an oil leak has been noted from the timing chain and of the engine,it may be coming from the cylinder head cover or the timing chain cover"
i'll post again after the problem has been sorted out

guest882

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
problem solved.the cam shaft pulley o-ring was replaced and the oil has stopped leaking.it was a 2 man 45 minute job. ;D

Tags: