Author Topic: Water in rear under seat  (Read 8003 times)

guest260

Water in rear under seat
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:11:12 PM »
My Jazz is 5 years old, with 75000 miles.
Over the past few months I have noticed water acumulating under the left side rear passenger seat.
I have taken up the carpet and I found a small hole in the floor and plugged it with rubber.
The water still accumulates, even when I’m not driving.
I had the door membrane replaced about 2 years ago and that cured the problem then.
Could it be the membrane again after such a short time?
The carpet near the door is dry; the water accumulates around the seat support pad.
I am in London and there have been no severe frosts.
Any suggestions?

guest350

• Topic Starter
Re: Water in rear under seat
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for this it now explains why I am haiving the same issue with a 2003 plate Jazz. I will get the door seals checked. Its been driving me nuts. I throught it was condensation forming under the read seat, but I guess that was evaporation from the wet carpet. Doh!

guest350

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:31:40 PM »
Finally found the issue. The water leaks through the door trim attachment buttons. I had to take of the trim (buy a Haynes Manual it tells you how ) seal two of them with duct tape and make sure the membrane was sealing properly. It is the two front edge lower trim attachment holes in the door that positively pour water out when you pour it onto the window from the outside. £500 for new carpets before I found this.

guest805

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »
Hello,  I am looking for help because I have a similiar problem.I have a dodgy seal on the bottom of the rear passenger door (drivers side) although I think it is only  a real problem when I wash with a hose pipe , But I have a bigger  but maybe not related problem, because water collects in the boot. I  am certain that it is travelling down the driver side c pillar, because I have removed the trim panel (rear light cluster access panel) so I can  actually see the water leaking .his happens with hosepipe or rain

Any ideas ?

Matizman

lowerfold

• Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Hello: new member here.
My dear wife is having the same problem with her 2002 Jazz (wet carpets in drivers side rear & water accumulating in spare tyre area) is this a straight forward seal change? and if so is this a Honda job or can I do it - if I get hold of the parts. :'(
Thanks

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »
But I have a bigger  but maybe not related problem, because water collects in the boot. I  am certain that it is travelling down the driver side c pillar, because I have removed the trim panel (rear light cluster access panel) so I can  actually see the water leaking .his happens with hosepipe or rain

Any ideas ?

Matizman

I know this is an old post, but for others who may search, the C post (that's the one at the back) leak is caused by faultly roof seal.  Honda will repair this free of charge.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:42:43 AM by Rory »

guest990

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
G'day from Queensland Australia.

I have a 2006 Jazz with only 31000km.

Just before Christmas 2009 the daytime temperatures were about 35 to 38 degrees Celsius in the sun.

Our car due to having no alternative, is always parked with the right hand side of the car towards the sun, and with the windows up rapidly reaches 50 to 60 degrees celsius.

After a couple of weeks when the rain came I noticed water in the rear right foot well.

I traced the leak to the fact that Honda chose (at least in the Thailand production cars) to use some sort of black sealer similar to bitumen to stick down the door liner membrane. In the heat the sealer had softened and the membrane had lifted allowing water to enter the car over the door sills instead of exiting through the door drainage holes.

The simple fix was to remove the front & rear door trim, then remove the liner membrane and wash it in cleaning solvent to remove all traces of the "bitumen".
You also then need to clean all traces off the metal door.

I replaced the "bitumen" with a product called "sikaflex - 227" which is a cream coloured paste that I obtained (along with the previously mentioned cleaning solvent) from my local automotive accessory shop.

The good news is that even with the flooding rain (about 300mm or 1ft just in one night) that we have had here in the last 4 days not a drop got in to the car. ;D

guest1285

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
I have been reading all the info re; water in spare wheel well and rear passenger floor and have problem with both. My Jazz is 5 years old with 53,300 miles and I started to notice a slightly damp patch on rear carpet some months ago but suddenly it was soaking and have only just found the wheel well leak. I have read all the info given so far and will get hubby to read or perhaps I should wait until I get my re-call for the electric windows which I have received initial info letter.
Are the roof trims easy to remove and replace as I gather that is the problem with some cars. Thanks for the info so far and hope I can solve the problem. I don't think the use of carwash helped as I had to use a couple of times during the cold damp weather!

Tags: