Author Topic: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT VS VAUXHALL MOKKA 1.4 TURBO AUTOMATIC  (Read 7470 times)

guest7675

Hi any thoughts on between these two i have heard the handling really rolls round corners on the mokka so i think the jazz sport would be much better.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: HONDA JAZZ SPORT CVT VS VAUXHALL MOKKA 1.4 TURBO AUTOMATIC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »
I have a sport so no contest on many levels.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »
The 0-100 is close on both, but the Jazz is doing it on a non turbo car, which I prefer for longer term reliability. The fuel economy should be better on the Jazz.

I like the Jazz Sport CVT, its such a smooth drive around town. At the end of the day you have to road test both. I bought my Jazz Sport CVT on the test drive and I was amazed when I put my foot down hard on the dual carriageway, the mid range power surprises a lot of people.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
I bought my Jazz Sport CVT on the test drive and I was amazed when I put my foot down hard on the dual carriageway, the mid range power surprises a lot of people.

Try using the 'S' mode you'll be even more surprised.

Vic.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
After questions about an ABARTH and Mokka are you unhappy with your Jazz? Too much room in it maybe. :-)

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »
After questions about an ABARTH and Mokka are you unhappy with your Jazz? Too much room in it maybe. :-)

No not got a jazz as yet but the sport ticks all the box's i had a honda civic many years ago and it was great had the crx engine in that so it was very quick but i what space due to my disability and need something sensible but sporty as well.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
After owning 9 Corsas and 2 Astras, and 2 Jazzes, my money is on the Jazz outlasting any Vauxhall. I wouldn't own a Vauxhall beyond the warranty period. I took the Jazz 150,000 miles beyond the warranty.

I have had a bit of fun with the S mode on my Hybrid Jazz CVT too at the traffic light grand prix too.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »

I find the extra power of the 1.5 more than enough for everyday driving and any overtaking. Quite a few drivers don't like being overtaken by a jazz, but when they try it on and I throttle up and go by them I get all sorts of funny looks (how can a Jazz go like that). I tried the sport mode and it made the engine rev which off course is what you need to get the best power over 4000 rpm. Pumping the throttle once on acceleration in any mode makes a big difference.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 08:43:39 AM »

I find the extra power of the 1.5 more than enough for everyday driving and any overtaking. Quite a few drivers don't like being overtaken by a jazz, but when they try it on and I throttle up and go by them I get all sorts of funny looks (how can a Jazz go like that). I tried the sport mode and it made the engine rev which off course is what you need to get the best power over 4000 rpm. Pumping the throttle once on acceleration in any mode makes a big difference.

+1

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
Im after getting the jazz sport very soon in white pearl can you guys post some pic of your sport by the way have you seen overseas some jazz have a sport badge on rear and some with rs on the front but i would rather not have this.  ;D

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
I am sure you will enjoy a 1.5 CVT, it is a vast improvement on the pre facelift models.

valleyjazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
Cannot comment on comparison between the two as not driven jazz sport but Our other car is a Mokka 1.4 turbo auto, not overly interested in speed but it certainly shifts when foot is planted, had it for 2.5 years now and has behaved faultlessly, returns upper 30 to lower 40 mpg depending on weather.auto nearly as seamless as cvt
Extremely comfortable, probably the most comfy car have driven and very easy to get into and out off. Quiet a bit bigger outside but Boot not as usable as our 2004 jazz.
Would have considered HRV but Vauxhall’s had some cracking deals on (still do)and the Mokka made better financial sense.
Overall delighted with the Mokka and will consider another one when PCP ends.
There is a Mokka forum http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk you may be interested in

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
I am sure a Mokka or similar is excellent if you want a car that is small inside and is on stilts. My daughter has a Renault Captur, no bigger inside than the Clio it is based on, it is just styled to look like a bigger car, like most SUV lookalikes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:38:51 PM by Skyrider »

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 02:50:16 PM »
I am deviating as I do not have a Sport nor do I have  a Mokka. BUT due to health issues we have been looking for something to replace our  Jazz EX I shift  that we could afford. We were then convinced to go down the Motability route. The only Honda contenders to give a bit more height in which to make getting in and out easier was an HRV or a CRV. The initial payment on the HRV was £1999 as only a a SE CVT  was listed and the CRV auto was £2,399. A fair chunk to pay upfront. So we chose a FORD. Horror of horrors as we had always decried Mr Fords products. It is a Ecosport automatic with a tiddly 1ltr turbo charged engine. It has now done 299 miles. I must admit to being impressed. It does not roll as the experts claim. It is comfortable, my Wife can get into it without pain and falling down into the seat as the Jazz. It is more thirsty but that hopefully will improve. Without using bags of throttle it copes with everyday traffic and when I have used the loud pedal it does get up and go. The gear change is smooth but I have noticed  the fact that it is a three cylinder engine which does feel a little lumpy sometimes. It is reasonably well finished and evidently a great improvement on the earlier model made in India. Unfortunately like all modern cars full of electronic gizmos which means a huge learning curve.
If money was not a consideration I might have gone for the HRV but unfortunately it is.
When we bought the Jazz s/h, there was a fair bit of salesperson pressure, the Ford salesman was a totally different kettle of fish bearing in mind the dealer was selling a car with a huge chunk taken off by Ford and so his profit margin was no doubt affected. He was helpful, considerate  and incredibly patient dealing with two old farts.
Of course the one factor above all is that I do not have do anything except keep it clean and put petrol in it.
I am sorry to say this means I am deserting the Honda fold.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »
Hi is the ecosport you have the powershift auto with steering paddles as that is like a twin clutch semi auto as to the vauxhall mokka the auto does not have ********** paddles which makes the vauxhall very out of date.Now some say that the automatics with paddleshift are a waste of time but i like them to use sometimes and with the vw dsg i had in a skoda fabia vrs it was better than a manual and quicker.

Tags:

anything