Author Topic: Just tried Adams Graphine Detail Spray  (Read 2890 times)

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Just tried Adams Graphine Detail Spray
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 08:58:14 PM »
Nice job.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »
Looks really good!  :D

Happyarry

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »
I'm 80 yrs old now :'( and can't use the machine polisher any more as  arthritis in my hands. So when I bought the car 2 months ago I  washed, decon and clayed it then panel wiped to remove any remaining traces of previous product. The car is remarkably free of swirls so I used Black Hole glaze followed by 2 coats Collinite 476 wax, 24 hrs between coats.

I always use Colly 476 as my winter coating as it has served me well over 20 years of using it.

Adams claim their Graphene detail spray will enhance the life of any wax so it will be interesting to see. I have always had a good 6 months out of the Colly 476.

Anyway, regardless of the effects of the Graphene ( I know some doubt its efficacy), this is one of the best detailing sprays for gloss and slickness I have used. It now remains to see how long it lasts.

Harry.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
Had to do a double take when I saw the photos - thought it was my car!

Looks really good - long term longevity will be interesting. On car cleaning products I have bought 2 Garage Therapy Products. The GT 2 Quick Detailer which has some protective qualities (2 weeks) but also contains some shampoo ingredients so it allows for cleaning as well as protection. I've also bought their GT Sigma - a hybrid product, part detailer, part sealant. This affords up to six weeks protection. They do a deal including two seamless microfibres - very high quality.

Both products are said to work with any existing protection on the car. They are incredibly slick, slicker than anything I've used before. Some good videos on You Tube. On detailing videos more generally I can recommend "Auto Care HQ" a young woman called Heather - some excellent reviews and she has, quite possibly, the glossiest car I've ever seen.

Happyarry

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 11:29:28 AM »
Had to do a double take when I saw the photos - thought it was my car!

Looks really good - long term longevity will be interesting. On car cleaning products I have bought 2 Garage Therapy Products. The GT 2 Quick Detailer which has some protective qualities (2 weeks) but also contains some shampoo ingredients so it allows for cleaning as well as protection. I've also bought their GT Sigma - a hybrid product, part detailer, part sealant. This affords up to six weeks protection. They do a deal including two seamless microfibres - very high quality.

Both products are said to work with any existing protection on the car. They are incredibly slick, slicker than anything I've used before. Some good videos on You Tube. On detailing videos more generally I can recommend "Auto Care HQ" a young woman called Heather - some excellent reviews and she has, quite possibly, the glossiest car I've ever seen.

I love the colour and love the car, the CVT suits me fine as I do most driving in town these days. Had a Nissan Primera CVT years ago and it was awful, used to hesitate at junctions, so dangerous but the Jazz is light years away and lovely to use.
I know nothing about Garage Therapy products, one of the few I haven't used ;D I'm always buying products. Sounds interesting but I really MUST resist. Hopefully the Adams will prove long lasting and I won't have to buy again for a while.

Harry

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »
Yep - that's the problem isn't it? New products appear and you just want to give them a go. I think a lot of the on-line detailing community suffer from this. They put a protection on then strip it off so they can try something else. At least they are a mine of information about new products.

I've certainly got more car care products than I reasonably need.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 03:17:05 PM »
Over the years I've tried a few products. ALL of them promise easy application, and they are nearly always a faff to use.

I was recommended Carplan No1 Super Gloss, and I have to say its the best product I've ever used in 30yrs of car cleaning. Two squirts per panel and wipe over with a microfibre cloth. It's as easy to use as spray furniture polish. No buffing or effort. I treated our Jazz to a quick application four months ago and water still beads nicely.  :D In fairness it doesnt have that deep waxy feel, but it does protect for zippo effort. Oh, and its really cheap and a bottle lasts ages.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/carplan-no1-super-gloss-600ml-553996040?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxbK39vGO7QIVIwCiAx21kQNlEAQYASABEgJIG_D_BwE

Happyarry

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
Over the years I've tried a few products. ALL of them promise easy application, and they are nearly always a faff to use.

I was recommended Carplan No1 Super Gloss, and I have to say its the best product I've ever used in 30yrs of car cleaning. Two squirts per panel and wipe over with a microfibre cloth. It's as easy to use as spray furniture polish. No buffing or effort. I treated our Jazz to a quick application four months ago and water still beads nicely.  :D In fairness it doesnt have that deep waxy feel, but it does protect for zippo effort. Oh, and its really cheap and a bottle lasts ages.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/carplan-no1-super-gloss-600ml-553996040?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxbK39vGO7QIVIwCiAx21kQNlEAQYASABEgJIG_D_BwE

Yes I've tried the Carplan in fact I still have some. It's good stuff for the very low price too. My only concern was I don't have any cover and it could streak if applied in sun, have you noticed this?
Another great low cost product from Eurocarparts is Sonax Brilliant shine detailer. Not quite so easy to apply but gives a nice waxy finish and lasts and lasts.

Harry

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »

Yes I've tried the Carplan in fact I still have some. It's good stuff for the very low price too. My only concern was I don't have any cover and it could streak if applied in sun, have you noticed this?
Another great low cost product from Eurocarparts is Sonax Brilliant shine detailer. Not quite so easy to apply but gives a nice waxy finish and lasts and lasts.

Harry

I don't have any cover either, and have only applied it on grey days. Never noticed a streaking issue.

Thank you for the Sonax recommendation. I will try some of that, given the reviews that I've just read and the price at EuroCP.  :D

I must say, the world of car cleaning stuff is a minefield. Do you have a favourite or recommended car shampoo?? I use  CarPlan Triplewax Shampoo. Its cheap, but I would prefer a product with more bubbles or better suds. Any thoughts?
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-shampoo/carplan-triplewax-car-shampoo-1-litre-152903.html

Happyarry

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 12:25:09 AM »

Harry

I don't have any cover either, and have only applied it on grey days. Never noticed a streaking issue.

Thank you for the Sonax recommendation. I will try some of that, given the reviews that I've just read and the price at EuroCP.  :D

I must say, the world of car cleaning stuff is a minefield. Do you have a favourite or recommended car shampoo?? I use  CarPlan Triplewax Shampoo. Its cheap, but I would prefer a product with more bubbles or better suds. Any thoughts?
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-shampoo/carplan-triplewax-car-shampoo-1-litre-152903.html

Right now I'm using Autoglym HD shampoo, it's expensive and isn't super soapy but it cleans really well. Any of the DoDo Juice shampoos are great and have a lot of lather if you like bubbles.
I never use a shampoo with wax in it as I like to clean the car right back to whatever wax / sealant I have on there and I don't want to leave wax residue from the shampoo, I can then apply whatever detailer or Last Stage Product I wish, knowing it's not sitting on the wax from the shampoo.

Harry

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:27 AM »
I use Dodo Juice Low On Eau Rinseless Wash, and it is not soapy so if you want DoDo, without bubbles..............

Happyarry

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »
I use Dodo Juice Low On Eau Rinseless Wash, and it is not soapy so if you want DoDo, without bubbles..............

It's a while since I used DoDo and don't know the rinseless wash, sounds interesting. I like Sour power and prefer it over their flagship Born to be Mild.
I Mostly use Optimum no rinse these days though as I have a parking spot in our communal car park and find it easier than carrying lots of water the 50 yards from my house. If the car is really dirty I use my Daughters drive and hose, then it gets a bath! As I say at present I am using Autoglym UHD.

Harry

Tags:

anything