Author Topic: New to the world of Jazz  (Read 1019 times)

DavidSparkes

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 1.4 SE
New to the world of Jazz
« on: May 22, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
Hi Guys and Girls,
I just got 2 weeks ago a 2006 1.4 se manual with full history and years mot. So far I love it and it seems to behave itself so far :) The gear change is smooth and the clutch is like new and 69000 miles , has new pads & disks all round since the last service in September where the last owner spent £553 on a service. My old car was a bit different to this one, it was a Fiat Marea 110 jtd weekend estate which I have had for 10 years. But last Mot I decided to sorn it is now  18 years old and when do you stop plowing more money in to it! So I had my work cut out in what to buy next with so many different car makes out there lol...
I looked at the Volts polo, the Yaris and others including the Jazz, so after the revues and info from owners on line.. I finally got it down to two makes, Yaris and Jazz, and I am glad that i decided to get a Jazz. A few people said its an old persons car lol, but i have discovered there is quite a few young people who love it.. When I first got in, i noticed how quiet the Jazz was on tick over.. My diesel was gruff and you could hear it purring and it does have a great engine, but with all this diesel emission stuff at the moment i went back to petrol.
I think I did make the right choice and may I have this one for the same amount of time ,who knows hey  :D
Sparkey

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: New to the world of Jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 06:54:28 PM »
Welcome, Sparkey. I have a 1.2 S which I have had for the past three years. It is a great little car, with 113,000 miles on the clock, almost 30,000 of which I have done. The figure below my avatar is the average mpg during my ownership, and at the moment is sitting at 54.2 mpg. I just get in, turn the key, and it goes. I am over 6 foot tall and find it very roomy, except when my wife tries to reach back between the seats when I am reaching for the handbrake!
A thing about the handbrake. It operates on the rear discs, and is often described as inadequate. The dealer who sold me the car is an ex Honda mechanic, and he told me to firmly apply the footbrake then pull up the handbrake. I have never had the least worries, even on the steepest hills.
Be aware that the DSi engine has 8 spark plugs, 4 along the front and 4 along the back. Many independent garages (and even some Honda mechanics) are unaware of this.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:00:19 PM by Jocko »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: New to the world of Jazz
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:48 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: