Author Topic: Jazz 2008 door warning light stays ON all the time. How to fix it?  (Read 12752 times)

Trev42

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 vtec
Re: Jazz 2008 door warning light stays ON all the time. How to fix it?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 09:51:52 AM »
So, where the tailgate switch is located?
Or how do they look? And any way its possible to fix?
The tailgate closed detection switch is in the tailgate as part of the lock mechanism, if you remove the trim panel, you'll see the unit. The switch might be stuck (most likely), a connector might be unplugged, there may be a break in the wire, or poor continuity at any point between the switch and the gauges cluster control unit at the dashboard.
You can check the switches/locks wiring either at the switch or at the multiconnector behind the dashboard gauges unit.

Tailgate Latch Switch Test

1.   Open the tailgate.

2.   Remove the tailgate lower trim.

3.   Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the tailgate latch switch (B).

4.   Check for continuity between the No. 1 and No. 2 terminals.

There should be continuity with the tailgate open.
There should be no continuity with the tailgate closed.

Pin 16 of the 20 pole connector with grn/red wire behind the gauges should be near ground with tailgate open and +V with tailgate closed.

From hondafitjazz.com/manual Security, Locks Index:

Tailgate Latch Switch Test
Door lock component locations & tests
Power Door Lock Control Circuit Input Test (at gauges end)

UK models are 'KE with Superlocking'

Central locking probably won't work if it thinks one of the doors is still open (i.e. tailgate)
If you have suffered rear damage it's possible that the tailgate latch is now slightly out of alignment and no longer registers as closed even if it feels secure, or the tailgate release mechanism is not moving smoothly. I'd hope the rear driver's insurer would be responsible for fixing this.
--
TG

My 2011 Jazz drivers door warning light comes on and off all the time. Any idea how to fix it?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »
Does the interior light come on when the panel light comes on? If so I would suggest a door switch at fault.. If not, fold down the rear seats and see if the boot light comes on. This would confirm fault is the tailgate. At least, once you isolate the problem to the doors or the tailgate you have an idea where you are looking.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »
One side of the bulb for door lights and boot light is connected to +12volt supply and the door and boot switches actually switch the other side to earth to complete the circuit and light the bulb.  Now if the cable has shorted to bodywork anywhere it will keep the light on and signal to central locking that a door is not closed properly. The switches are normally closed contacts pushed into contact by a spring and when the door is closed it pushes against the spring and holds the contacts open, when you open the door it allows the spring to close the contacts again and put the light - so if a switch has been damaged or is mis-located the contacts may well remain closed, or shorted to bodywork.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything