Author Topic: A Jazz without a wheel nut wrench!  (Read 5289 times)

guest6633

A Jazz without a wheel nut wrench!
« on: March 26, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
How many of you have noticed the £18,000 Honda Jazz mk3 comes without a wheel nut wrench or a place to put the manual, now the under magic seat has done disappearing act  for the manual place? 

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: A Jazz without a wheel nut wrench!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
Mine definitely came with a wheel nut wrench, which I think doubles as the jack handle. I bought a much better jack handle after the first time I used it.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
How many of you have noticed the £18,000 Honda Jazz mk3 comes without a wheel nut wrench or a place to put the manual, now the under magic seat has done disappearing act  for the manual place?

if you have not got a spare wheel why do you need a wheelbrace or jack. The spare wheel kit includes a Jack, wheelbrace, storage for them, the tyre pump and glue bottle, handbook along with the towing eye and room for a torch, wheel lock key and a stout pair of leather gloves.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 05:13:19 PM »
Mine definitely came with a wheel nut wrench, which I think doubles as the jack handle. I bought a much better jack handle after the first time I used it.

Deeps post reminds me that mine came with the spare wheel kit, which was fitted before I took delivery.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 08:43:54 PM »
Mine came with a pump, puncture foam, towing pin and what seemed to be a tyre iron. I've no idea what the tyre iron was provided for as I have alloy rims. There was no jack.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:36 AM »
Mine came with a pump, puncture foam, towing pin and what seemed to be a tyre iron. I've no idea what the tyre iron was provided for as I have alloy rims. There was no jack.

"Tyre iron"  For screwing in or removing the towing eye?

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

"Tyre iron"  For screwing in or removing the towing eye?
Ah! Yes, that might make sense. I happened to be looking at them this weekend when rearranging things. The 'tyre iron' is a metal rod bent into a circle at one end and tapered like a screw driver (but way too big and blunt to actually be a screw driver) at the other.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
As mentioned above the "Tyre iron" is actually a part of the jack handle, but used on it own to tighten the towing eye. See page 578 of the owners manual for details.

A full toolkit is only supplied on cars with a temporary spare wheel (e.g Jack and wheel brace etc.)

Tags:

anything