Author Topic: locked out of car  (Read 1831 times)

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4l Honda Jazz 2013 Toffee Apple Red - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
locked out of car
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:25:50 PM »
My locks were failing so i installed a remote keyfob, the car has been sitting for a few weeks and the car battery seems to have died so the keyfob receiver wont unlock, anyone know how to get into a jazz short of smashing a window?

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
Re: locked out of car
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »
Have you tried the key in all the doors that have a key-lock (both front doors and rear hatch), if you can get into one of them and crawl through, you can then open the bonnet and charge or change the battery. if all the locks are failed altogether I'm afraid I don't have a solution, there's probably some way to get the bonnet open and get power to the battery. Good luck.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »
Yes,  the mechanical key bit should still work,  but never been in your situation so never had to try it - even when I change the main car battery I leave a door open on car.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »
Yes,  the mechanical key bit should still work.
The remote was installed because the locks were failing, so perhaps they are completely seized now. I would opt for trying to get the boot working as it is likely to be the least worn. Spray a doze of light oil into it.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:52:47 AM »
As above, try to get one of the locks working - that's your easiest option.

If you have breakdown cover, they should get you in, no problem.

Failing that, I sent you a PM with a couple of ideas - breaking into cars is probably not the best subject to discuss on an open forum  ;)

Good luck!

Tags: