Author Topic: Apple Carplay  (Read 4000 times)

kelvin1950

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT
Apple Carplay
« on: January 18, 2023, 11:17:41 AM »
We have a 66 plate Jazz and the only thing we miss from any other car is the carplay. What have others used to get around this, without spending my months OAP preferably! I'd need to get it fitted as well. We're in the northern end of Hampshire.

TIA.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Apple Carplay
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 11:40:20 AM »
As far I know, Carplay is not supported by our generation Jazz system.

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 02:33:11 PM »
Carplay is Apple, the Jazz runs Android, don't think they are compatible.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 02:49:13 PM »
Most recent Android headunits are Android and Carplay compatible.

But, whether Carplay is as compatible ......?
Let's be careful out there !

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 08:45:15 PM »
Version of android used in this generation Jazz too old to cope with apple carplay or android auto. Resorted to a usb stick in one of the slots myself once I realised! You've got steering wheel wheel controls for that

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 08:53:13 PM by Barky »

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 09:01:17 AM »
Sadly there is no inexpensive way to incorporate CarPlay into your Jazz. I have taken the bold step of replacing the Honda headunit with an Alpine wireless CarPlay one and added a reversing camera at the same time. Preferable for me as I didn't have navigation but you do lose some features as there is now no connectivity between the main screen and the instrument cluster display.

Hammy7387

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda Jazz EX, Shining Grey
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »
Sadly there is no inexpensive way to incorporate CarPlay into your Jazz. I have taken the bold step of replacing the Honda headunit with an Alpine wireless CarPlay one and added a reversing camera at the same time. Preferable for me as I didn't have navigation but you do lose some features as there is now no connectivity between the main screen and the instrument cluster display.

Hey Jim, how was changing out the Oem screen? I’ve just bought a 2017 EX and miss the Apple CarPlay from my civic. Any advice?

Cheers

UKjim

• Approved Member
Apple Carplay
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 09:41:43 PM »

Hey Jim, how was changing out the Oem screen? I’ve just bought a 2017 EX and miss the Apple CarPlay from my civic. Any advice?

Cheers
Not too bad, I used the Connects2 fascia kit and wiring loom. I followed a couple of YouTube videos to work out how to remove the radio, be very careful removing the dash vents above the screen, the silver trim is quite fragile. There are two screws at the top behind the dash vents and one screw you access from underneath the radio which is quite difficult to locate. This screw is not reused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammy7387

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 10:27:42 PM »

Cheers
Not too bad, I used the Connects2 fascia kit and wiring loom. I followed a couple of YouTube videos to work out how to remove the radio, be very careful removing the dash vents above the screen, the silver trim is quite fragile. There are two screws at the top behind the dash vents and one screw you access from underneath the radio which is quite difficult to locate. This screw is not reused.

Thanks for the info. Any pics? How does the connects2 fascia look?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 03:11:48 PM »

Cheers

Thanks for the info. Any pics? How does the connects2 fascia look?

Hammy7387

• Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 10:25:11 PM »
Looks great. Thank you

Jon R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 11:16:39 AM »
Very neat job UKjim. Where did you mount the rear reversing camera, were there connections in the Sport wiring loom already? The 1.5 came with reversing camera in other countries I believe, but not UK.
I asked this question a year or two ago on the Jazz forum, but no replies or folk that seemed to know whether you could retrofit a camera from an EX, and get it to function on a 2018 Sport Navi without any other mods?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »
Very neat job UKjim. Where did you mount the rear reversing camera, were there connections in the Sport wiring loom already? The 1.5 came with reversing camera in other countries I believe, but not UK.
I asked this question a year or two ago on the Jazz forum, but no replies or folk that seemed to know whether you could retrofit a camera from an EX, and get it to function on a 2018 Sport Navi without any other mods?
Camera fitted as in picture, hole needed drilling, no existing wiring available. Fitted at the same time as my rear dashcam.

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 04:32:07 PM »
Has anyone done this on the EX version?

Is it relatively easy?

How much did it cost?

Can you maintain the reverse camera already installed on the EX?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 04:37:25 PM »
Has anyone done this on the EX version?

Is it relatively easy?

How much did it cost?

Can you maintain the reverse camera already installed on the EX?
My guess is the EX rear view camera has a proprietary connector that may not fit aftermarket headunits.

Tags: