Author Topic: Thoughts on getting a Hybrid. (long!)  (Read 19400 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Thoughts on getting a Hybrid. (long!)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 09:45:52 AM »
One needs to balance the convenience of a built-in sat-nav with the difficulty / cost of getting mapping updates for it. I hope Honda have addressed this aspect in the new models.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest350

• Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »
Agreed. I had difficulty doing that with a used BMW, couldn't get any new maps from BM. But I still have an ancient Tom Tom Go and as I use that as a "scrolling-map", and not as a sat nav, it still works. Albeit on new roads I am apparently in the middle of a field  ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
Built in satnav can be a very mixed blessing -  car makers like to use the screen for other things as well like reversing cameras and ICE, bluetooth phone etc - but when it comes time to get software or mapping updates they charge like the proverbial wounded bull.

At least with a separate satnav you can use in other vehicles and on foot if needed, and more people are using their phone as a satnav anyway. Now we have faster internet it makes sense to buy downloaded lifetime updates for your Satnav for about £50 one-off payment, usually updated 4 times a year and they now take an hour rather than half a day to download - and regular device firmware updates are available and included in the one off price. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4512

• Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
There's a bloke on Honda Karma who's just taken delivery of a 2015 Jazz mk3 imported from Japan.

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »
i bought my partner kath a 62 plate hybrid jazz in feb 15 and she loves it ,far better than the 13 plate cvt micra she had before, my only issue with the jazz is being able to use it in ev mode,once your in ev mode it doesn't stay in ev mode for long  i feel if you blew on the accelerator pedal it would come out of ev mode and back into petrol it is that sensitive,but saying that she only does short round town journeys and the jazz returns around 48 mpg
so mpg wise its great ,and only  £10 / year road tax its a win win situation so go and buy one.

Tags: