Author Topic: Hybrid & Dog Guard  (Read 4641 times)

guest3723

Hybrid & Dog Guard
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
We have just purchased a new Jazz HS. One of the first jobs is to fit a dog guard to keep the hound in the boot we were considering the travall one as opposed to the Honda variant but it requires use of the lashing eyes which are not present on the Hybrid.

couple of questions

1)does anyone have experience of the honda item and access to the fitting instructions

2) how do you remove the boot floor, in order to fix some eylets to it in isolation of the lashing down bolts

Many thanks

Jon

whoopster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 Elegance Hybrid
Re: Hybrid & Dog Guard
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:08:17 AM »
Just do what Mitt Romney does... tie the dog to the roof of the car.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »
Our daschund has her own bed on the back seat, or sits on my wife's lap
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3723

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
There's little chance of our hound staying on the back seat

Everytime he has been in a car without a guard he has ended up with his paws on the steering wheel usually before you can close the boot an open the drivers door.

You have to love sharpei !

guest3761

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
I can't answer your question, but have you thought of lifting the backseat and putting the doggy in there? I Our dog loves the easy step onto the back passenger floor.

I bought a big garden tarp from Toolstation for about £5, and sewed it into a box shape, which loops over the front headrests and the rear seat back. One edge on a door side is left open with a velcro fastening to let the dog in and the protect the door. It took about an hour to make and 30 seconds to put in or out of the car.   Brilliant.

Our dog tried all the cars  we looked at, and  liked the Jazz best. 

guest3300

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 05:12:27 AM »
We've now two dogs, both cocker spaniels, who travel quite happily on the back passenger floor. We lift the wider seat behind the passenger side front seat and they both snuggle down on the floor there, taking it in turns to jump up on the smaller seat on the drivers side to admire the view. They've both got harnesses attached to the rear seatbelt latches which allow them a degree of freedom in the back but stop them from climbing over into the front.
We use a dog blanket on the floor and another over the smaller seat but haven't needed to protect the doors as they don't scratch them being quite happy to just look out of the windows.
The smears on the inside of the windows aren't really smears, we call them cocker nose art. :D
We've had the Honda wind deflectors fitted to the outside of the windows and these allow the windows to be left down by about 2 inches without it being too noticeable from outside the car but anyone approaching too close is greeted by the Black Ninja Cocker Spaniel Tag Team. 8)
We've the black Jazz Hybrid and the wife's choice of colour was because it matched the dog. ;D.....She's happy so I'm delighted.

Tags:

anything