Author Topic: Getting a Honda Insight Hybrid this week  (Read 3135 times)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Getting a Honda Insight Hybrid this week
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:27:34 AM »
Have bought a Honda Insight Hybrid for my wife.  Car costs R 278000 here (about £20500).  It has a 1.3 litre pterol engine and all the gadgets that Honda fit in their cars which you have to pay extra if you buy a VW or a Toyota.

Dealer says the Jazz Hybrid is not available, did not want a Nissan Leaf nor a Pruis which is a considerably larger car.

If music be the food of love, play on

chrisc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Getting a Honda Insight Hybrid this week
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
Bit of a disaster.  Taking the car off the delivery lorry (a huge car-carrier with 12 cars on it), it shot down the ramp backwards and fell off.

So dealer is awaiting another delivery - a month or so...  In the meantime, they lent her a Civic auto, but a 6 year old one and the driver's window will only come half-way down

Alan

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
Have bought a Honda Insight Hybrid for my wife.  Car costs R 278000 here (about £20500).  It has a 1.3 litre pterol engine and all the gadgets that Honda fit in their cars which you have to pay extra if you buy a VW or a Toyota.

Dealer says the Jazz Hybrid is not available, did not want a Nissan Leaf nor a Pruis which is a considerably larger car.

A Prius is only 7 cm longer than an Insight so there is virtually no size diiference

guest3418

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »
And the prius is a real hybrid, not a motor assist as is the case with the insight.
I have driven both and the insight is no match for the prius.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

chrisc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
Well, my wife wants the car and had driven a Prius in England and for some reason did not like it.  She likes driving the Jazz but wants something with more extras, but the Civic is a bit big, so looked at the Insight.  Its got all the gadgets, leather seats, etc.  It is also about 25% cheaper to buy than the Prius.  So, no argument here unless for some reason the dealer does not deliver, then we start from scratch

Tags:

anything