Author Topic: honda jazz hybrid fuel consumption  (Read 23968 times)

guest3042

honda jazz hybrid fuel consumption
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
I had my first long trip in my Hybrid last weekend covering 460 miles return trip almost all on motorways, with three in the car, plus luggage and returned 62 mpg.
Delighted with that.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: honda jazz hybrid fuel consumption
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »
Is the 62 mpg according to the computer or by refilling the fuel tank? The computer tends to be optimistic by a few mpg.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
The general thoughts are that the MPG read out is optimistic so use the refilling method to get an "accurate" measure.

But where does the distance come from for the calculation? The vehicle odometer? How accurate is that?

guest3042

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
The consumption was from the computer. Maybe not as good as I thought but I would still settle for a bit less.
Thanks for your replies.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
Hi All

If anybody is interested I am running an exel spreadsheet that easily works out the true mpg between fill ups using the A trip mileage (which automatically re-sets to 0 on refueling) and the amount of fuel input in litres.

I can't post the sheet on the forum but if anybody wants to try it, respond and it can be sent attached in separate e-mail

regards

Dave C
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

whoopster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 Elegance Hybrid
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Is it recommended to take the car out of ECO-Mode when one is travelling on the motorway?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »
I think that eco mode saves fuel by slightly reducing the responsiveness during acceleration and won't affect motorway driving unless you like to do quick overtaking manoeuvres.

John

guest3042

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »
OK. My wife who is a bit of a maths freak had the petrol receipts and mileage details and she worked out that the car did 61.2 mpg!!
That being the case the computer was close enough for me.
Thanks for all your interest.

Deva

guest3391

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 03:48:35 AM »
Intersting, My wife and I have recently had a couple of nights away in Warwick. Motorway and A roads plus a fair bit of town driving in Warwick and Stratford. Two up with luggage we averaged 61.2 mpg over 316 miles in our 2011 1.4ES manual. (whether you believe the trip computer or calculate manually, same result.)

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
To keep it simple and easy I`m logging my fuel consumption here: http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/jazz.

This is my car on Fuelly: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dverez/jazz ( I wish I had 6th gear...)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:22:03 PM by DV »

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
Some of the mpg's reported by Jazz owners on Fuelly.com don't seem to be that good, but if they live in the city and/or only do short journeys you can't expect to much.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »
Some of the mpg's reported by Jazz owners on Fuelly.com don't seem to be that good, but if they live in the city and/or only do short journeys you can't expect to much.
Also, by default, fuelly.com works in US gallons.

John

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:48 AM »
I've been wondering why my Hybrid is giving a few mpg less this year than last and have to conclude that it's the probably down to the weather with far more driving in wind and rain. Rain and wet roads must add to the drag plus there's also the power used by headlights, wipers and often having the aircon running (for demisting).

John

guest3300

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 05:49:01 AM »
Haven't noticed a lot of activity about fuel consumption lately but I've been able to do a more accurate check now that we've logged a bit higher mileage.
At fuelling up yesterday we've used 48.05 gallons (218.45 litres) in our Hybrid from new and covered 3204 miles in that time.
That's using the mileage displayed but the fuel figures come from the fuel receipts on a tank to tank basis.
So, I make it 66.68 but that's in the north of Scotland with the wipers and lights on for most journeys and the aircon on most of the time.
Love the way this thing handles in snow though. Maybe the weight of the battery makes a difference but it's very predictable and better than most on traction, especially with a light right foot.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »
At fuelling up yesterday we've used 48.05 gallons (218.45 litres) in our Hybrid from new and covered 3204 miles in that time. So, I make it 66.68 but that's in the north of Scotland with the wipers and lights on for most journeys and the aircon on most of the time.
Love the way this thing handles in snow though. Maybe the weight of the battery makes a difference but it's very predictable and better than most on traction, especially with a light right foot.
That's impressive MPG. I'm at 58.4 MPG (based on fuel receipts) despite driving with a very light right foot. Perhaps they have quietly updated the system software operating rules. How often do you see your battery depleting below half charge?

That's also good news about the handling in snow. The hybrid system should help providing controlled traction at low revs.  Do you also use winter tyres?

John

Tags: