Author Topic: Auto-stop has stopped working  (Read 4557 times)

guest3042

Auto-stop has stopped working
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
This may be something or nothing, but over the last three journeys made in the last couple of days auto-stop has failed to kick in when the car comes to a stop.
I know this happens for a variety of reasons, such as cold weather but to fail consistently seems odd.
Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Auto-stop has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »
Mine still kicks in but for a shorter period, I put it down to the additional load on the battery, lights on wipers on, air con running, which has quite a load on the battery. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Oz

guest3042

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
Oz - Thanks for that. I never took the wipers into consideration. They have been on almost constantly in the last couple of days.
There seem to be so many reasons why the auto-stop doesn't kick in.

Deva

guest3331

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
Humidity will be one of the main criteria if the climate control is running. Warm and wet means that auto stop chance and duration will be reduced.

guest3300

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:18 AM »
I've found exactly the same as Ozzie. The wonderful summer weather we've been having has meant that demister, aircon, lights and wipers have hardly been off for the past few weeks with the result that my auto stop had, well, stopped. :(
Yesterday we had a big, bright round UFO sort of thing in the sky for a few hours and it wasn't raining......My auto stop's sort of...Started again. ;D

Ain't technology wonderful ? 8)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »
I've heard about start/stop on other makes (Kia I think) not working in temperatures under 5 C. Is this true in the Jazz?

Tags: