Author Topic: Interior light, radio and central locking.  (Read 8919 times)

guest854

Interior light, radio and central locking.
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
Interior light, radio and central locking are not working on my 2004 Honda Jazz.

I have checked the fuses under the parcel shelf and in the engine compartment and they are all okay.

I suspect a common connection somewhere and wondered if it could be the earth connection but where is it?

Furthermore, I can't open the hatchback door with the key

I am an electrician but not a car electrician

guest765

• Topic Starter
Re: Interior light, radio and central locking.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »
Has anyone tried fitting an interior led light bulb (plain or coloured) that are prominent in E Bay pages to have some sort of mood lighting.......does it give the appropriate effect ???

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:59:33 AM »
I have in the past been amazed at the performance and time wasted with car fuses.
The one sure way to test a car fuse is to select the correct fuse and throw it away then install a new one. I have had fuses check out OK on a multimetre then find out later it was the fuse after all........for 10p a fuse its worth trying. ;)

rogbro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:05:01 PM »
Hi union jack, just wondered if your lights, radio, central locking problem got resolved.
I have exact same problem on a 12 plate

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
unionjack made one post, 9 years ago, somehow I doubt he is still following the forum. Check fuse No 8.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »
That's #8 15A in the engine bay fusebox for the components you describe, you could borrow another 15A fuse from the cabin fuses above the pedals, conveniently #8 for the cigarette lighter is the same rating.

The ceiling light blowing could have knocked out your fuse.

Fuses to components table: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/K0/SAA2EK0J54260400000CBAT00.HTML

--
TG

Tags:

anything