Author Topic: Does your auto braking work ?  (Read 3849 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Does your auto braking work ?
« on: July 12, 2017, 03:54:59 PM »
Mine does, I parked in an empty car park this morning and approached a wall a bit too rapidly for the cars liking. I had just started pressing the brake pedal when the car braked itself in a no uncertain manner !

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Does your auto braking work ?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:12:55 PM »
Mine does, I parked in an empty car park this morning and approached a wall a bit too rapidly for the cars liking. I had just started pressing the brake pedal when the car braked itself in a no uncertain manner !
Yup. Mine has kicked in once. I had to stop half way round a roundabout because some fool forgot they were towing a trailer when they pulled out in front of me. I stopped in good time but was a bit miffed so when the back of the trailer was half way across my front I put my foot down to get going.

Now I knew full well that the trailer was moving and would be gone before I got there but the car wasn't having it and slammed the brakes on and beeped at me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:56:42 PM by andruec »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »
I have the had the system  bleep at me a number of times, when I have approached another car a bit too quick, but so far it has not actually braked  itself, I suppose because I got there first!

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
I have had the beeps but no actual braking....good to know it works!

Which setting are you all using?...it can be near, normal or far, but not sure those are the words.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:25:08 PM »

Which setting are you all using?...it can be near, normal or far, but not sure those are the words.

Mine is set to default whatever that is (probably normal). I was a bit enthusiastic parking nose to a corrugated steel shed and was slowing down when the brakes came on with a vengeance.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:33:47 PM by Deeps »

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »
On my previous Jazz the automatic brake came on when there was nothing ahead of me. Luckily there was no one behind.
It took my local dealer 5 days to fix it . I lost all confidence in the car and traded it in at a big loss,for another Jazz.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
On my previous Jazz the automatic brake came on when there was nothing ahead of me. Luckily there was no one behind.
It took my local dealer 5 days to fix it . I lost all confidence in the car and traded it in at a big loss,for another Jazz.

That would really alarm me too.

Was your previous car a Mk3 Jazz as well, or did the Mk2 have auto braking too.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
Yes
I have previously posted on the forum about it.
The Jazz I have now has no problem with the City Brake System .
Also something I have noticed is that my present car has better ground clearance due to the different shape of the middle exhaust box

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »

Mine is set to default whatever that is (probably normal). I was a bit enthusiastic parking nose to a corrugated steel shed and was slowing down when the brakes came on with a vengeance.
Remember the Jazz has two different collision avoidance systems.
1. The City Brake Active system (CTBA) is the one that applies the brakes automatically if it feels like it. It works at low speeds between about 3 & 20 mph. It uses a laser sensor. There is no sensitivity adjustment. (Handbook p.450)
2. The Forward Collision Warning system does not apply the brakes automatically, it just beeps & flashes a warning. It operates above 9 mph; this is the system that has the near/normal/far adjustment. It uses a camera sensor. (Handbook p.428)

The dashboard warning display seems to be the same in both cases so it may not be obvious which system has functioned in any particular circumstances, the best guide is probably the car speed at the time. Personally I don't think I've ever had the CTBA activate, but the FCW is prone to false alarms, it can activate if the curve of the road makes the car think I'm about to hit an oncoming car (LH bend) or one parked on the nearside (RH bend), or if I'm moving up to an overtake position.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
I have had the City Brake Active system (CTBA) go off a couple of times now.  Approaching car park barriers too quickly is a favorite.  It actually tells you on the screen that it has activated.  I was only crawling when it went off but I imagine if it activated at 20 mph it would be quite a shock, but better than hitting an obstacle.

franzfume

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2017
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 05:06:17 PM »
Hi everyone, my CTBA does not work, it has only entered once in two and a half years although I try to activate it by encountering soft obstacles...  my dealer says everything is ok but I am sure my system never enters. I tried to deactivate and reactivate and nothing changes.
Anyone know what is the governing fuse for CTBA? I have another question, is the auto switch between high and low beams included in Honda Jazz 2017? because it never worked not even when car was new but is reported in accessory list

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 06:35:37 PM »
I have another question, is the auto switch between high and low beams included in Honda Jazz 2017? because it never worked not even when car was new but is reported in accessory list
The automatic high beam switch is in my 2016 SE.  It only works with the lighting switch in the auto position, and is disabled if you operate the switch manually.  It can be reset on the move by pulling the switch towards you and holding it for a couple of seconds, and it will reset automatically on restarting the car.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2022, 10:38:33 PM »
Mine worked perfectly. Just the once, in 4 years.....
 I had been following, gung ho white van man, in traffic, for an hour or so. When he suddenly decided to turn right.
One of those moments, when you realise you're a split second too late!  :o
 The car stopped, as I started pressing the brake pedal.
Herself, sitting in the back, was not amused.....  ::)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

franzfume

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2017
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 08:08:08 AM »
My CTBA isnt working but for dealer "all is ok" :-[
someone know what's the fuse number for CTBA in a 3 gen Jazz/Fit?

Tags: