Author Topic: Retrofitting front fog lights  (Read 3307 times)

guest4603

Retrofitting front fog lights
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:20:32 AM »
Is it possible to have front fog lights fitted onto a mark 2 jazz S?
I can't see anywhere obvious for them to go. Would the fitter have to cut away part of the front bumper?
I was seriously thinking about upgrading to a mark 3, for the sake of all the additional safety features, but have been put off by the problems and annoyances some are experiencing. So I am considering having front fogs, and maybe even parking sensors front and rear, fitted to my two-year-old Mark 2 - if ghost is possible. I am very happy with the car I have, but would value these extras.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Retrofitting front fog lights
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:46 AM »
Yes you can !

Here is a link to Honda kit http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/product/Jazz_Front_Fog_Light_Kit_%282009-2011MY%29_08V31-TF0-500

Its a bit expensive, I think the reverse of the bumper has moulding marks where the hole has to be cut for the lights.

The Honda kit ,I think, comes with a wiring loom and the proper switch.

If you look on the same website at the Jazz accessories you will also find Parking sensor and camera kits.

I was debating adding some bits to my Jazz, but one of the things that put me off was having to declare the modifications to some insurance companies every year-- I had to do this on a previous car for a dealer fitted sunroof, and although it didn't affect the premium it just made it more time consuming.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:25:49 AM »
Regarding parking sensors, I have used http://www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk twice, and they are excellent.

guest4603

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »
Thanks Bill and Ozzie. Those links are very helpful.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 08:10:34 PM »
Hi,
If you find you have any issues with insurance at all for this type of conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

guest4603

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:25 PM »
Thanks Dan. That is good to know.

Tags:

anything