Author Topic: Mud Flaps  (Read 9672 times)

guest5355

Re: Mud Flaps
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »
Hi I bought genuine mud flaps on eBay, from 2 sellers, 1 set of front (new ones) and from another seller the back ones, this set was from a scrap yard, (near my home) and they allowed me to take them off the dearly departed Jazz!.
The only tools needed was a star type driver to undo the screws,
 I'm a OAP and I cheated buy having a couple of old pillows for my knees (front ones) and my head for the back ones.

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
Then i had a honest seller. I bought mine from a Chinese seller on ebay and after my message they didn't fit right i got my refund almost the same day with a message i could keep/throw away the mud flaps because sending back would cost more than the flaps themselves.

I have bought the genuine mud flaps and paid € 66 to the Honda dealer. I thought they were more expensive because i only checked at an online uk dealer.

That's not a bad price  ;), but if its not in the UK I'd probably have to pay more shipping costs.  :(
I had them ordered at the local Honda dealer and picked them up. I can do that for you, but a quick look at postage cost to the UK learned you have to add about €20 for that.

Edit: i have these product numbers: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-mudflaps-0911-p-379.html Do your math. ;)

Thanks Marlene,

I have a Honda dealer close by so I will have a word with them and try to get a good deal.

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 07:18:56 PM »
Hi I bought genuine mud flaps on eBay, from 2 sellers, 1 set of front (new ones) and from another seller the back ones, this set was from a scrap yard, (near my home) and they allowed me to take them off the dearly departed Jazz!.
 I'm a OAP and I cheated buy having a couple of old pillows for my knees (front ones) and my head for the back ones.

That was lucky.

Another option to consider, there's a couple of scrappies around here.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 09:58:29 PM »

Then i had a honest seller. I bought mine from a Chinese seller on ebay and after my message they didn't fit right i got my refund almost the same day with a message i could keep/throw away the mud flaps because sending back would cost more than the flaps themselves.

I have bought the genuine mud flaps and paid € 66 to the Honda dealer. I thought they were more expensive because i only checked at an online uk dealer.

That's not a bad price  ;), but if its not in the UK I'd probably have to pay more shipping costs.  :(
I had them ordered at the local Honda dealer and picked them up. I can do that for you, but a quick look at postage cost to the UK learned you have to add about €20 for that.

Edit: i have these product numbers: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-mudflaps-0911-p-379.html Do your math. ;)

Thanks Marlene,

I have a Honda dealer close by so I will have a word with them and try to get a good deal.
I always thought that the price for the same product would be the same at every dealer. The price in Germany was €33 per set (front or rear) and here in Holland also. Tell that your dealer! ;)

That was lucky.

Another option to consider, there's a couple of scrappies around here.
I have looked for those here also, without luck.
With a good clean and detailer dressing when they are dry, they will look as new!

Tags: