Author Topic: Replacement Service logbook?  (Read 1276 times)

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
Replacement Service logbook?
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:53:51 PM »
So it looks like my recently bought 2013 Honda Jazz has no service history! The ford dealer I bought it from said he would forward on the service book from the previous owner... 

I suspect that the car has been serviced regularly, but the service logbook got lost during the trade in. The car is in good condition, and seems to run well.  Quite a bit cheaper than any other similar age / mileage jazz.  (perhaps due to lack of service history)

No failures on any of the MOT history.  Although the car has done 30,000 miles between this years MOT and the previous year (car currently on 53,000 odd miles)     In an ideal world I would have spent a bit longer shopping around for a car with full service history (If such a thing actually means anything in used car adverts from a car dealers?)  I guess I'm trying to not have buyers remorse?

Anyway, is it likely to be able to trace service history from Honda?  I did find a business card from the Honda garage which I think sold the car as new, and they confirmed that it had been serviced at 23,000 miles at the MOT last year. So perhaps a bit of time phoning around the garages who did the MOTs?

Looks like you don't get the previous owners details in the V5C logbook now. 

However I am intending on keeping this car for a good while (probably running it into the ground), so lack of full service history isn't a concern if  ever trade it in 4 - 5 years down the line when it will be 9 or 10 years old). What I will do from now on though, is keep a folder with all receipts for servicing / repairs etc.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, and did they bother tracking the service history down?
Regards,

Brian.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Replacement Service logbook?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
Like you, I buy a car and run it into the ground, so having a service history to pass on is of no advantage to me. If you do sell an old car on, the buyers seem to be much more interested in the past MOT history, and no fails and few advisories is much more of a selling point than a good service history.

Brian_I

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
Re: Replacement Service logbook?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:34:06 PM »
Cheers Jocko. As you say since I'm intending on running this car into the ground, service history, or lack of isn't much of an issue :-) Car is due an mot next march, so it'll get a service then as well.  At most I do around 7,000 miles a year, so shouldn't need the variable services.

Tags: