Author Topic: Re: New Member Post - HELP, please.  (Read 3130 times)

guest7776

Re: New Member Post - HELP, please.
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
The boot light on our "65" reg Jazz is NOT on a timer.

Does anybody please have any suggestions on fitting a timer into the circuit, adjacent to the light, thereby avoiding major surgery?  Thanks.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
Surely the boot light is controlled by a switch operated by the boot lid, why would it need a timer?

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Re: New Member Post - HELP, please.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »
Surely the boot light is controlled by a switch operated by the boot lid, why would it need a timer?

Vic.

Yeah, open the tailgate light comes on, close it light goes off. The main cabin roof courtesy lights are on a timer.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
How do you know it goes off? Like the fridge light, does it really go out?  :D :D :D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »
How do you know it goes off? Like the fridge light, does it really go out?  :D :D :D

leave the fridge closed for a few minutes and then open it feel if the bulb is warm LOL (our fridge has got LED lights so won't work).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7776

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
Good point.  We leave the boot lid open all day in this sweltering weather.  The windows are currently being left open but this is not preferred.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Re: New Member Post - HELP, please.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »
Good point.  We leave the boot lid open all day in this sweltering weather.  The windows are currently being left open but this is not preferred.

Take the bulb out till weather cools down, you are hardly going to need boot light when it gets light at 3am and doesn't get dark till 10-30pm

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »
We leave the boot lid open all day in this sweltering weather.
Hope your insurer doesn't read this  :-X

guest7776

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 06:51:01 AM »
Fair point, culzean, will do.  In any event, the standard boot light is not much "cop", but it will flatten the battery if the boot lid is open for a while.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
The once a year the wife and I do a car boot sale I worried about the boot light as the boot was open and we could sit on the edge. On my Mk 2 after about 10 minutes the light switched itself off so no problem. Shut the boot and reopen and it comes back to life normally.

Tags:

anything