Author Topic: Honda Tailored Service Plan  (Read 818 times)

FarNorthJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi CVT
Honda Tailored Service Plan
« on: October 02, 2023, 01:53:51 PM »
I have a 5 year old Jazz EX Navi,  bought second hand,  which came with a 5 year Honda service plan.  It is due to get the last (free) service this month.

My Honda garage is offering me a 4 year Tailored Service Plan for £874.   For this I will get 1 service each year for the next 4 years.   The service being offered is Honda 12+ and comes with free roadside assistance,  although the roadside assistance cover is fairly basic,  and does not include some of the items covered by my current paid for breakdown cover.

The £874 can be paid as a single payment up front (in which case the service plan is transferable to a new owner)  or as monthly direct debit (in which case the plan is not transferable,  but payments will stop if the car is sold).

The plan does not include annual MOT,  but that is not a problem,  and it is not a "repairs warrenty" scheme

Does anyone have any views or information on the Honda 12+ service schedule  -  how comprehensive is it, or are there any "extras"  that will emerge over time.

My car has a very low milage  -  has done only 12,000 miles since new,  and is likely to continue at around 4000 miles/year,  and I would expect to keep it for the next 4 years.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Honda Tailored Service Plan
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 02:05:35 PM »
...I had the 5year plan on a new mk2 in 2010. Once that was up I just used my local trusted mechanic for the next 6 years. I doubt I paid more than the £874 for those last 6 services!
I guess it depends on what they actually cover in the plan though.

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
Re: Honda Tailored Service Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:14:27 PM »
recently took out a 2 year( 6th / 7th years ) Honda 12  tailored service plan on my 2018 Sport , paid £670.

the paperwork lists the extras included

year 1  ( 6 ) -  brake / clutch fluid replacement , MOT , courtesy car , wash / vac. , breakdown cover, recall check , health check.

year 2 ( 7 )-  health check , MOT , courtesy car , wash / vac.  breakdown cover,

I notice the 12+ adds  brake fluid , air filter and cabin filter.

the air and cabin filters are easy to change myself. . The brake fluid change is included in my standard 12

Tags:

anything