Author Topic: "hit and run" nudged my reversing camera?  (Read 1500 times)

guest4977

"hit and run" nudged my reversing camera?
« on: July 31, 2019, 07:20:34 PM »
A "healthcare professional" reversed off the drive opposite into my car, got out to inspect her BMW MK3 then drove off. Luckily the CCTV on our house recorded the incident.  Damage to driver's side boot of car, only the rear and bumper, not the arch. Getting quote from Honda for repair. However the reversing camera seems to have moved slightly as now can see part of the number-plate on the bottom right hand side and a u shaped shadow on the bottom of the camera that is actually the lip of the boot.  Does anyone know if this a fault, or something that can be adjusted when it goes in for it's next service in August? Or maybe I just live with it as probably won't be keeping the car when the PCP is up.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: "hit and run" nudged my reversing camera?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 08:11:10 PM »
Hope you notified the police and the relevant healthcare authority.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 08:16:48 AM »
As Jocko says, report it.

If they haven't owned up to it, it is clearly failure to stop and give details after an accident, they can hardly claim they didn't know if they got out to check their own car. I do hope you're not going through your own insurance.

CCTV saves the day again.

guest4977

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 12:21:12 AM »
Honda quoted for replacing the boot lid tailgate and a system reset and new badges, total £1,134.78 estimate.

She initially said would pay (until she got the price), now it's a claim against her insurance instead.  A full afternoon spent trying to find out who she was as a rose bush blocked a clear view of the number-plate.

Police Report filed online, as only got 24 hours to report it on 101, don't know why only 24 hours.  After that you have to go to a Police station.  Insurance company notified, advised a claim on my side would reduce my no claims discount from 15 to 3 years.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 07:21:35 AM »
Insurance company notified, advised a claim on my side would reduce my no claims discount from 15 to 3 years.
Unfortunately this will also put your premium up next renewal, even if the claim is paid by her insurance company.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 10:27:37 AM »
Honda quoted for replacing the boot lid tailgate and a system reset and new badges, total £1,134.78 estimate.

She initially said would pay (until she got the price), now it's a claim against her insurance instead.  A full afternoon spent trying to find out who she was as a rose bush blocked a clear view of the number-plate.

Police Report filed online, as only got 24 hours to report it on 101, don't know why only 24 hours.  After that you have to go to a Police station.  Insurance company notified, advised a claim on my side would reduce my no claims discount from 15 to 3 years.

I would have gne down and reported it in person before finding them, an offence has been committed and the Police have a duty to investigate, regardless of the speed it takes them. Only 24 hours to report it on 101 sounds daft.

As ColinS says, the unfortunate thing is that you will have to declare it to your own insurer for 5 years, and it will up the premiums.  >:(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:29:16 AM by sparky Paul »

Tags: