Author Topic: door creaking whlie driving  (Read 2884 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: door creaking whlie driving
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »

thanks for the tip ill give that a try too, although the noise has not shown up today
Noise changes depending from the weather, dry days increase this problem.
I tried to solve using some teflon tape, put on the door where the lip touches the metal, but it didn't work.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »
I have wiped over door seals with this Amor all silicone plastic protector for years and never suffered from creaking doors... I use their semi-matt finish spray on dashboard though as it helps cut down the dashboard reflections in windscreen...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armorall-Gloss-Finish-Cleaner-300ml/dp/B004E6511E/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=armor+all+dashboard+spray&qid=1564585355&s=gateway&sr=8-6
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 04:41:37 PM »
I don't know the reason, but I suspect that our seal  start creaking after some "strong" cleaning, as some soap or solvent removes the lubricant on the surface of the rubber. I think  this because my seal started to make noise after thousand of kilometers, and now I have to renew the silicon every 3-4000miles.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »
Car bodies are pretty rigid but they still flex and due to door apertures bodies  are not as rigid as they could be if they were a complete box... The doors are very rigid for crash impact protection so when body flexes it moves more than the doors and door seals have to take up the relative movement by deforming or sliding..

I rub the armor all silicon on the seals and the paint around door aperture where seals sit.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 05:33:15 PM »
mine seems to have fixed itself overnight and is quiet again without me touching it

so lets hope it is ok

Tags: