Author Topic: Your favourite thing about your Jazz?  (Read 7433 times)

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
Your favourite thing about your Jazz?
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:02:28 AM »
Mine is an odd one - it’s that between us, me and my other half never talk about it.

She drives it to the office, she brings it back home, no hassle, no drama.

Very different to my previous recent cars...

With the Tesla, we’d talk about whatever weird sh...t Autopilot had done that day.

With the Zoe, we’d talk about how many miles range we arrived home with.

With the MG eZS, we’d talk about false AEB activations and how to operate the systems. For example, she called me once to say the speed limiter wasn’t working - as it turned out, she’d accidentally knocked the stalk into ACC.

With the Ioniq, it was the lack of respect from other drivers because everyone assumed we were an Uber...

And with all our EVs, we spent hours discussing the general unreliability of our home charger.

I like my grey Jazz.

I chuck 40 quid of liquefied dinosaurs into the tank every 6 months, it drives like an EV (because it basically is one), nobody bats an eyelid at it, and I can fit a ton of Billy bookcases in the back.

I now understand why my father has consistently bought every model of Jazz since 2006... it just works.

What are your favourite things about the car?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Your favourite thing about your Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 07:04:25 AM »
The magic seats, the fuel efficiency (figure beside my avatar is my average since buying it almost 5 years ago), and the sheer reliability of the thing.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 07:35:20 AM »
Magic seats for me too, makes for a great dog bed. Also the general nippiness.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

TiJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 08:46:37 AM »
Interesting you say that - it’s the slowest car I’ve driven for a year or two!  ;D Still more than enough to get by though.

The magic seats are great. That extra storage below window height is super useful, like a second trunk.

Reliability is so much better than any modern EV - and with those, the more you pay, the less reliable they become!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:50:50 AM by TiJazz »

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
Interesting you say that - it’s the slowest car I’ve driven for a year or two!  ;D Still more than enough to get by though.

I agree, first gear is very low.....but I still like the car and would buy another :)
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 09:51:04 AM »
My Mk 1 goes like sh*t of a shovel if you rev it. It is only 1.2 litre, so it will never stay up with the big boys, but it is no slouch away from lights or roundabouts.
And let's face it, a MK 1 Golf would seem slow against just about any reasonable EV.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
Great post, and I enjoyed your comments re previous cars!  :D

I now understand why my father has consistently bought every model of Jazz since 2006... it just works.
You've nailed it. I have family members that have been buying since around then too and I don't mind confessing that I genuinely sniggered at their choice. For the price of their new Jazz, they could have had a 2yr old Focus or similar. I didn't understand the buying decision at all.

Many years later, and having owned one for coming on a year and thousands of miles, I fully understand why people have been buying the Jazz in volume. "They just work!". Brilliantly sums the car up.

It is a car for people that just want a practical small car that quietly goes about the business of being a practical competent small car. I never worry about our Jazz. Reliability is a given, lots of NCAP stars and cheap to run. Ticks so many boxes.

"They just work!"  - Should have been Honda's advertising slogan. Reminds me of this:

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Bullet proof reliability, excellent (for me) driving position, unmatched interior space in its class and indeed better than some bigger cars. Flat loading space and magic seats also good.

I used to buy a range of makes but I would actually be a bit nervous about getting anything else now.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 11:15:17 AM »
The shape and practicality of the mk1 Jazz was a revolution.

Think about 2001 when these cars first appeared on the roads, and the rubbish all the other manufacturers were churning out at the time - the basic outline of the mk4 Ford Fiesta hadn't changed since the mk1 in 1976. Some Fiestas were still being fitted with the 1.3 Kent OHV engine!

I still think the mk1 Jazz looks fresh even now, and I prefer the look of it to all the later Jazz models. The only problems I have is that they're getting a bit long in the tooth now, the gearbox ratios are too low... oh, and the power steering is a bit duff.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:18:24 AM by sparky Paul »

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 11:31:00 AM »
I've owned mostly "sensible" cars, I got to drive higher end stuff with my jobs and soon realised that I wouldn't want to live with one for everyday use.
I have an old Yaris and have the Jazz since last October. The Yaris is a similar concept of thing, it just does the job, no real frills. The Jazz is a slightly bigger version if you like, lots more space inside and a few generations forward in stuff like safety. I want reliability, comfort, and ease of use, and it does that.
In a less practical aspect, I want something parked on the drive that I won't look at and think "Oh dear". I'm afraid many other cars would make me feel depressed with the weird styling....... and the wheels, don't like fussy wheels.

I've had a Honda Deauville bike for nearly 20yrs and it was usually described as a "dullsville" by the bike press. In many respects it's a 2 wheel version of a Jazz, it doesn't set the world on fire, it just gets on with the job it was meant for and goes on for ever. A bit like kitchen white goods, you just want it to work.
They are what you need, not necessarily what you want.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
Sexy is clearly subjective!  ;D ;D Who knew? Maybe they should have used these adds in the UK??

TiJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »
@Sparky Paul exactly! The mk1 Sport looked way ahead of its time. As it happens, at that time, my folks’ driveway consisted of my old man’s mk1 Jazz Sport, my mk5 Fiesta 1.2 (my first car, the 16v Yamaha engine was a cracker) and my mother’s mk5 Fiesta 1.3 (yes, THAT 1.3!).

foxleys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybid EX 2021
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 03:28:04 PM »
Mine is an odd one - it’s that between us, me and my other half never talk about it.

She drives it to the office, she brings it back home, no hassle, no drama.

Very different to my previous recent cars...

With the Tesla, we’d talk about whatever weird sh...t Autopilot had done that day.

With the Zoe, we’d talk about how many miles range we arrived home with.

With the MG eZS, we’d talk about false AEB activations and how to operate the systems. For example, she called me once to say the speed limiter wasn’t working - as it turned out, she’d accidentally knocked the stalk into ACC.

With the Ioniq, it was the lack of respect from other drivers because everyone assumed we were an Uber...

And with all our EVs, we spent hours discussing the general unreliability of our home charger.

I like my grey Jazz.

I chuck 40 quid of liquefied dinosaurs into the tank every 6 months, it drives like an EV (because it basically is one), nobody bats an eyelid at it, and I can fit a ton of Billy bookcases in the back.

What are your favourite things about the car?

Hi, I'd be interested to know how many miles your Hybrid Jazz does per fill up of £40.00 every 6 months?
Thanks.

TiJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 03:52:03 PM »
I haven’t used a full tank yet, but I do know the car’s estimate of 600 is way off. I reckon it’s about 400-450 on the motorway in the depths of winter, mostly with ACC on, based on my use so far. Eco doesn’t make a difference, it just kills the throttle response.

Tags: