Author Topic: Honda arm rest kit for 1.5 sport  (Read 1268 times)

deecat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 sport
Honda arm rest kit for 1.5 sport
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »
Hi all,
Having changed our MK1 sport for a MK3 Sport I miss the arm rest.

I went to our local dealer to see if I could look at a car with one fitted but they only have the image on the web site to show me.

Due to the high cost I was wondering if anyone has this arm rest fitted to there car and could offer any feedback as to whether it is worth buying.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Honda arm rest kit for 1.5 sport
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:22:41 AM »
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9899.msg67163#msg67163

Thread about centre console cum armrest for MK2,  I fitted one to wifes Si and they work well.  Maybe the same company make one for MK3 or something available on Ebay etc.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:50:26 PM »
Doesn't the 1.5 Sport come with an arm rest as standard? Our 1.5 sport came with it standard, not that it's any good though as its too low to be used as an arm rest.

deecat

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 sport
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
 Yes it does but it is completely useless ,I did try a £10 pad of the internet but just does not work.

I will  be getting picked up in our old jazz tomorrow and I might ask if I can drive to the pub just to have a refresher on the old arm rest and also compere the 5 speed gear box as I think that the 6th gear on this car should be a higher ratio for better high speed cruising .

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »
We swapped our 1.4 GD Sport for a 1.5 GK Sport and found the engine and gearbox quite refreshing to drive. The gear ratios are fine in my opinion, there's always going to be a compromise somewhere but for the torque that's available 6th gear is actually OK.

I think anything higher you would struggle to use it on A roads efficiently - which I guess are the kind of speeds the jazz was designed to do most of its higher speeds on.

Tags: