Author Topic: Water leak under the driver's feet (left hand drive)  (Read 4681 times)

guest1809

Water leak under the driver's feet (left hand drive)
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »
Hi everybody,

So i have discovered that next to the fact that my jazz has very low MPG ( 10.34 l / 100km 27.32 mpg) it seems that it has a water leak somewhere. a lot of condens that i find on my windshield in the morning which also freezes (so i have to scrub the ice on the inside of the car) convinced me  to see if there was any water under the rear seats and in the boot.
Since i couldn't find any on these places my search went on until i discovered that the floormats under my (driverseat) feet and the material under the mats is wet, soaking wet.

It's been dry for some time now so i couldn't have brought any snow or water on my shoes, and a also believe that this much water couldn't been brought from outside on my shoes.

My question is if anybody has the same problem and if this person has found the cause of this before i start stripping everything.

so any tips or remarks are welcome

thank you in advance,

kind regards

guest1847

• Topic Starter
Re: Water leak under the driver's feet (left hand drive)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
Hi there

Lift the bonnet and ensure that nothing is blocking the rain water run off. Typically this is caused by leaves. What will occur is flooding, and the water can make its way into the heating vents, which run into your footwell.

So check that the water isn't finding its way into your cabin through the heating vents in your footwell (perhaps tape some cotton wool to the vent and see if it becomes wet after it's rained). Remember to clear out any sludge under the bonnet in the rain run off channels - these should be surrounding your windscreen.

Cheers

guest1809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »

First of all thank you for your reply and suggestion what to do CVT. I 've did what you suggested but didn't notice any other leaks.

It seems that this was actually the problem:

It's been dry for some time now so i couldn't have brought any snow or water on my shoes, and a also believe that this much water couldn't been brought from outside on my shoes.

I have brought a lot of snow on my shoes which melted and caused the problem. i've solved it by removing the floormats and that other material beneath it, inserting two old towels to absorb the water and after a week the leak was gone :)

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
hi
water leak does,nt affect your mpg at all.

guest1809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
hi
water leak does,nt affect your mpg at all.

ha ha nice one, thank you for enlighten me ;)

Tags: