Author Topic: Dunlop SP2030 tyres - excessive wear on inside edge and cracking between treads  (Read 154555 times)

guest516

Hope to get 24k miles out of my Dunlops on 09 EX i-shift (I love this gear box - I can play tunes on it! & it suits my driving style - lazy at times then press on aggressive   but keeps her indoors happy as an automatic) 22k miles at the moment. Noticed inside edges of front tyres at 19k so changed round to rear. I had rotated tyres at 6k to even out wear all around and had no indication at that time of wear on inner edges.
Yes I would say the Dunlops are a tad noisy.
Will change all 4 for Continentals having been pleased with them on previous cars for noise wear & grip
Keep enjoying Jazz motoring
 oui-oui

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
I've been used to Jazz GDs for the last 3 cars where the fronts tended to last half the miles of the rears.  Generally fronts lasted 15k & rears 30k.  I wondering is this is still the case with the GE Jazz?  it's an ES on 175/65 15s, OEM tyres Michelin Energy Savers, now on  Conti winters.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
It should be on any front wheel drive cars the same.
The front wheels are pulling the car and at braking about 70% of the car`s weight is on the front too. This is why the fronts worn faster.
The handbook suggest in my GD Jazz to rotate the front and the rear tyres every 6000 miles to get evenly worn tyres and replaced them at the same time.

mod: So far I`ve 30000 miles in the tyres and about 15000 left. (ContiEcoContact3).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:52:27 PM by DV »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
ON the older GD models we were averaging 22k for Bridgestone/Goodyears having swopped around every 7k

Geoffers

27,000 so far in our 2 year old GE ES manual. Tyres rotated each year at service. Plenty of mileage left!

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Also 27000 in a 3 year-old 1.4 GE manual.  Dunlop SP37's, not rotated, and the fronts are getting near replacement.  Plenty left in the rears.

guest1521

GE... 21,000 miles so far on Dunlop SP31's. All 4 will make 25,000 at least, I'm sure... despite alignment problem causing excess wear to just the very inside half-inch of fronts... aligned and switched to rear at 13,000. Fronts now show perfectly even wear.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
On our GE EX on 16" Dunlop SP2030's the rears have worn almost as quick as the fronts.  There's about 3mm left on the fronts and 4-5mm on the rears.  Only done 14K miles.  From other threads seems similiar to other's experience with this model of car and tyre.

Miles Right

• Approved Member
Hi
Can anyone advise me on new tyres for my Jazz (185/55 16)?  The original ones have only done 16500 miles but due to the age seem to be cracking up.  Has any one else experienced this?

Also replacements seem to be hard to find and the one I have found is very expensive at £120 per tyre!. 

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Geoffers

I used eTyres - £102 fitted for for a Dunlop (to match original tyres). They came and did the job at my home too!
Their prices seemed to match local tyre fitters but they come to the home, and they came spot-on to the agreed time.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Local dealership has tried to sell me some expensive tyres as part of the "B" service. Current tread is 3mm-3.5mm and the wear has been even. I reckon I'll need some replacements in a couple of months. Bear in mind this is the odd size fitted to the EX's alloys.

Any suggestions? Last time I replaced the tyres, I got Continentals through Black Circles.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
I`d stick with Black Circles.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
why what size are they?

they will always be more expensive at the dealer than ats, national, etc so tell them to leave them

guest3038

Last Thursday, B2 service, and quoted  £138.oo per tyre for Bridgestones, said No Thanks.

Checked online, for Dunlops, as fitted as originals, quoted on ValueTyres, at £82.oo per tyre, ordered them, then informed that they could not supply, but offerred, Continentals, which were £13.oo per tyre more expensive.  But ValueTyres, provided them at same price as Dunlops.

Tyres now fitted and Tracking adjusted

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Plus what is the actual tread depth, not to the top of the TWI.  I often get dealers say your tyre is this mm and I know it is 2mm more due to this little trick. Often they try and tell me tyres are shot when I know they are 5mm. If they have done that in the above case then there is 4.5mm to 5mm.  Get a tread depth guage from Halfrauds & check them yourself.  :D

Tags:

anything