Author Topic: I like the MK 3 Jazz because .....  (Read 19294 times)

dzidrisiya

• Registered Member
Re: I like the MK 3 Jazz because .....
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »
The auto lights CAN be hacked at start of journey but resets to "normal" at journey end/ignition off
How? The only time "off" workd for me is when the car isn't moving.

Are your headlights triggered by rainfall?

John
Apologies...I was told by a Honda employee that you can hack...but I tried it and guess what ...it didn't work!!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »

You may change your view when it rains. There is a significant strip on the windscreen next to the pillar on the drivers side which isn't wiped and water collects because the pillar (now on the outside) blocks the water from being blown away.

Drive faster, that water blows over the roof!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:28:15 PM by Deeps »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »
If you fixate on the little annoying things they grow, so let them go and get back to enjoying your cars.🚗🚘🙌

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »
If you fixate on the little annoying things they grow, so let them go and get back to enjoying your cars.🚗🚘🙌

Agreed, you can lose a lot of pleasure by complaining about trivia. Consider the bigger picture, it must be a good car or I would not have bought one! :-)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:03:56 PM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

+1

as I said in an earlier post on 'serial Complainers', if someone doesn't have a big thing to complain about they will look for something - There are only two types of people in this world,  Those who drive a Honda, and those who wish they did.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:57:09 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »
I'm the third type. Those who wish they DID NOT drive a Honda

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 05:50:08 PM »
To Edam

Having just ordered a new EX, I would be very interested to know, why you wish you didn't drive a Honda?

edam

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
I hope the problem I'm having is just with my present car as I have yet to find anything better than the Jazz.
I want to change back to a CVT Jazz but until my present car is repaired I cant.
My dealer wants the car in for 5 days next week to repair it and for personal reasons I don't want a loan car.
So I have the hump!!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »
What is actually wrong with your car? Five days is a long time for any repair except bodywork damage. Is the problem the Jazz or your personal situation?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »

You may change your view when it rains. There is a significant strip on the windscreen next to the pillar on the drivers side which isn't wiped and water collects because the pillar (now on the outside) blocks the water from being blown away.

Drive faster, that water blows over the roof!

I was driving in heavy rain today, the trim that directs the water from the wipers over the roof or to the bottom of the windscreen at low speed does an excellent job of keeping the side windows clear of water.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:46:23 PM by Deeps »

guest6316

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 07:26:29 AM »
Hi Downsizer,
I'm of the same opinions as you my new EX CVT is such a massive improvement over comfort and space compared to my previous Si model. It cruises well enough for me and definitely not so bumpy although the Si did have a sports suspension so I suppose you'd expect that too be a harder ride.

edam

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »

To modify my previous post I did not wish to drive a manual Honda Jazz anymore which is why I have now bought a CVT one.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:25:12 PM by edam »

guest5505

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »

To modify my previous post I did not wish to drive a manual Honda Jazz anymore which is why I have now bought a CVT one.

so not an issue with Honda, rather your choice of model/spec?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 09:18:09 AM »

I have had Autos in the past, but the extra initial cost, complication and ongoing maintenance costs mean I would not have an auto again unless I spent most of my time in city traffic or needed auto for mobility reasons,  I love being able to swap cogs when I want to, not when the ECU thinks its a good idea - the most useful dial on the car for me is the rev counter (same on my motorbike).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »
I have had Autos in the past, but the extra initial cost, complication and ongoing maintenance costs mean I would not have an auto again unless I spent most of my time in city traffic or needed auto for mobility reasons,  I love being able to swap cogs when I want to, not when the ECU thinks its a good idea - the most useful dial on the car for me is the rev counter (same on my motorbike).

I am interested to know how/whether the switch between Otto and Atkinson cycles is apparent with a manual gearbox?

Do you notice any transition?

Tags:

anything