Author Topic: Protecting paintwork on a new car  (Read 16622 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Protecting paintwork on a new car
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »
I am also on the Civinfo forum and bilthammer is highly recommended by many of the keen detailers on there.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
These products are only as good as preparation stage before the product is applied.

They do not prevent swirl marks (circular lines noticeable in direct sunlight, especially on dark colours) and scratches that effect the glossy-ness of the paint.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish can 'fill-in' these light defects without damaging the Lifeshine paint protection.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
Both Supagard and Autoglym Lifeshine are excellent. They are both easily found on e***y and are a fraction of the price you would pay to have it done. Especially by the dealers.
You can find them as kits or individual items and using them is just the same as giving your car a good clean and polish. Anyone can do it. So why pay someone when you love to polish your car yourself?
The autoglym polish is different to the super resin polish.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »
I wash my car irregularly and then use Aldi's Carnuba wax shampoo : approx £3 for 3 liters. Use a microfiber washing mitt and dry with a synthetic chamois.

What more does a car need?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »
Just on madasafish's post above, I was talking to an acquaintance who owns a 9 year old Golf TDI with over 140,000 on the clock. He has had it from new. He is assiduous about maintenance but doesn't extend that to high price car detailing products. He uses just plain water most of the time but does give the car an annual wax/polish after winter. His car looks immaculate.

I've used all sorts of stuff over the years but often wonder if I have fallen for clever marketing.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
It is the sun that oxidises the polish on the paintwork.  Seeing in the UK, summer is often postponed (so my cousin in Leicester says), a once a year polish will do

Here it is every 2-3 months, and the difference when the job is done is startling
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything